By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 is now officially the next MS Triple AAA game

Max King of the Wild said:
Strategyking92 said:
ZOMG!?!?!?!?? Resistance 2 is sitting at a 89% right now???!"?!!?!?! not AAA lolololololololol.

Please god, make it stay, I want the sweet irony.

@Zen
I would give it a 9.0, not the best game I have ever played BY FAR, but it is addictive and you get sucked into the world after a while, knowing that each mission/side-quest you do affects the world. Also I found a cool ass glitch, you vortex several times, once at full power also. I did this to a huge group of hobbes, and once one of them died his body kept moving, until it was stretched across the entire map, and my game started to slow down. Heh, I was freaking out, thinking my xbox360 was overheating from playing for 6 hours straight. (although I have played halo 3 for a record of 9 hours before...)

the reason people were saying "Not AAA anymore" was because of this thread. There is no thread saying "resistance 2 is officially sonys next triple aaa game" So the irony was on fable 2's side.

But hey... i know you were just trolling.

Gears of War 2 was always expected to be a 90+ game and many people thought RFOM 2 would score near, equal or greater than it on metacritic.

Considering it was called the 2nd coming of FPS games by some people, the irony does ring true.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Strategyking92 said:
ZOMG!?!?!?!?? Resistance 2 is sitting at a 89% right now???!"?!!?!?! not AAA lolololololololol.

@Zen
I would give it a 9.0, not the best game I have ever played BY FAR, but it is addictive and you get sucked into the world after a while, knowing that each mission/side-quest you do affects the world. Also I found a cool ass glitch, you vortex several times, once at full power also. I did this to a huge group of hobbes, and once one of them died his body kept moving, until it was stretched across the entire map, and my game started to slow down. Heh, I was freaking out, thinking my xbox360 was overheating from playing for 6 hours straight. (although I have played halo 3 for a record of 9 hours before...)

the reason people were saying "Not AAA anymore" was because of this thread. There is no thread saying "resistance 2 is officially sonys next triple aaa game" So the irony was on fable 2's side.

Gears of War 2 was always expected to be a 90+ game and many people thought RFOM 2 would score near, equal or greater than it on metacritic.

Considering it was called the 2nd coming of FPS games by some people, the irony does ring true.

Oh dear can you please provide a link where someone said it was a second comming of fps. And I know people thought resistance would scxore higher than gears2 because of the drastic improvements but dont generalize by a few dumb ass' the majority of people didnt think that.

Strategyking92 said:

@Zen

I could dig up several threads saying how R2 will be AAA and one of the best exclusives of the year. Also, as you can see, some people judged Fable II too soon and started saying "not AAA" when in fact it was.

Stop trying to be smart.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Squilliam said:
Strategyking92 said:

@Zen

Oh dear can you please provide a link where someone said it was a second comming of fps. And I know people thought resistance would scxore higher than gears2 because of the drastic improvements but dont generalize by a few dumb ass' the majority of people didnt think that.

I don't have to provide a link if these are familiar to you:

"OMG 60 player online!"

"OMG 300 foot monsters!"

"OMG 8 player Coop in its own campaign"

"Gears of War 2 vs Resistance fall of man 2, which one will score higher on Metacritic" or "Prediction Resistance fall of Man 2 will have a higher metacritic than Gears of War 2"

If they aren't then I guess you have your own searching to do.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Squilliam said:
Strategyking92 said:

@Zen

"OMG 60 player online!"

"OMG 300 foot monsters!"

"Gears of War 2 vs Resistance fall of man 2, which one will score higher on Metacritic" or "Prediction Resistance fall of Man 2 will have a higher metacritic than Gears of War 2"

And yet all of those things have been praised by reviewers.... so.... I fail to see why people shouldn't have been excited for them.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

"OMG 60 player online!"

"OMG 300 foot monsters!"

And yet all of those things have been praised by reviewers.... so.... I fail to see why people shouldn't have been excited for them.

I wasn't saying it was a bad game but its definately not living up to the inflated expectations it had before the reviews came in.

So therefore the irony rings true.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Squilliam said:

"OMG 60 player online!"

"OMG 300 foot monsters!"

I wasn't saying it was a bad game but its definately not living up to the inflated expectations it had before the reviews came in.

Yeah the expectations of the self proclaimed "sony king" come on guys. You 360 fanboys really need to quit generalizing the whole ps3 community because of people like megaman2 and crazzyman it's getting really fucking annoying.

Let me just generalize every 360 fan by burgles, RAZurrection, sharky, and ahcheg

Squilliam said:
Squilliam said:

"OMG 60 player online!"

"OMG 300 foot monsters!"

Yeah the expectations of the self proclaimed "sony king" come on guys. You 360 fanboys really need to quit generalizing the whole ps3 community because of people like megaman2 and crazzyman it's getting really fucking annoying.

Let me just generalize every 360 fan by burgles, RAZurrection, sharky, and ahcheg

If the only expectations I have seen are unreasonable ones, then I can only base my statements on just the unreasonable expectations which I have seen.

Obviously for someone who had reasonable or cautious expectations of X game it wouldn't apply to them.

Perhaps if people would pipe up with their "reasonable" expectations instead of being flooded with just the unreasonable ones then this debate could be avoided.

Btw I merely implied it was ironic, though I was actually a bit concerned that RFOM would get or even worse stay at 89% or lower metacritic but the fallout from it hasn't been as bad as I feared it could be.

Tease.

Yeah the expectations of the self proclaimed "sony king" come on guys. You 360 fanboys really need to quit generalizing the whole ps3 community because of people like megaman2 and crazzyman it's getting really fucking annoying.

Let me just generalize every 360 fan by burgles, RAZurrection, sharky, and ahcheg

If you think it's juse those two spewing raging bullcrap all over anything 360 related you are sorely mistaken. I could easily count 10-20 who regularly post here just to discredit the 360 and its exclusives.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:

If you think it's juse those two spewing raging bullcrap all over anything 360 related you are sorely mistaken. I could easily count 10-20 who regularly post here just to discredit the 360 and its exclusives.

Amd to think thats just Ps3 fans is ignorant. I could spew out so many from each console. And that is why I'm better than you. Because i wont go "LOL wii fans are morons because the wii didn't hit 60mil this year"