By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 is now officially the next MS Triple AAA game

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Paul_Warren said:

"If you go to gamerankings Uncharted is no longer at 90%. So that's not AAA exclusive?"

A little misleading info here. IGN gave Uncharted a 9.1, they only gave Fable 2 an 88; and IGN has long been the best game site on the web. And if that wasn't enough to make Uncharted a AAA game, then a review score of 10 in Dave Halverson (the greatest American video game magazine editor / journalist to ever live)'s Play Magazine (Direct Descendant of the Greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time Dave Halverson's DieHard Gamefan) certainly is.

IGN gave Little Big Planet a 9.5, and they gave Fallout 3 on the PC and PS3 a 9.6.

I might be remiss for pointing this out, but there has been a lot of confusion about it with Fable 2, saying it wouldn't even be the best wrpg this month, or whatever.

Well, Fallout 3 is better than LBP, according to IGN. :P

Also, LBP isn't the best game...this month, again according to IGN. It's just the best game on the PS3, this month. There are better games on the 360 and PC, namely fallout 3, which scored a 9.6.

Wow.

To say that fable 2 isn't a AAA game because an average score is like  .25 away from 90 is dumb. (past thread)

Same as saying an average score that is better by .1 is a "better game"....It's a wash.  (Quoted)

Play the games and make the decision for yourselves. 

We need critics to help us stay away from horrible/bad games.  No one should use these scores to prove that a game is "better" by .1 AVG.  Like I'm going to make a decision to buy a game based on a .1 difference.

The last thing we should be doing is saying "this game is better than that one because IGN told me so.  Ya I haven't played them, but that is what they said....by .1 AVG"

Around the Network
kabhold said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Paul_Warren said:

"If you go to gamerankings Uncharted is no longer at 90%. So that's not AAA exclusive?"

A little misleading info here. IGN gave Uncharted a 9.1, they only gave Fable 2 an 88; and IGN has long been the best game site on the web. And if that wasn't enough to make Uncharted a AAA game, then a review score of 10 in Dave Halverson (the greatest American video game magazine editor / journalist to ever live)'s Play Magazine (Direct Descendant of the Greatest American Video Game Magazine of All Time Dave Halverson's DieHard Gamefan) certainly is.

IGN gave Little Big Planet a 9.5, and they gave Fallout 3 on the PC and PS3 a 9.6.

I might be remiss for pointing this out, but there has been a lot of confusion about it with Fable 2, saying it wouldn't even be the best wrpg this month, or whatever.

Well, Fallout 3 is better than LBP, according to IGN. :P

Also, LBP isn't the best game...this month, again according to IGN. It's just the best game on the PS3, this month. There are better games on the 360 and PC, namely fallout 3, which scored a 9.6.

Wow.

To say that fable 2 isn't a AAA game because an average score is like  .25 away from 90 is dumb. (past thread)

Same as saying an average score that is better by .1 is a "better game"....It's a wash.  (Quoted)

Play the games and make the decision for yourselves. 

We need critics to help us stay away from horrible/bad games.  No one should use these scores to prove that a game is "better" by .1 AVG.  Like I'm going to make a decision to buy a game based on a .1 difference.

The last thing we should be doing is saying "this game is better than that one because IGN told me so.  Ya I haven't played them, but that is what they said....by .1 AVG"

I agree. I was just making a point for Paul.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Lol.

WOW!!!

A cool million first week not including Japan. This game annihilated expectations.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Very impressed with this game so far, and I'm only about 6 hours in. I never played the original so for me it's all new but my first impressions of the game are very similiar to the Zelda series without the puzzles. It's a closed and directed storyline line but it feels open, not many games do that well and Fable 2 does it very well.

I think thats actually why some reviewers scored the game lower than others. They got so caught up in how large and emmersive the game is they forgot it's not an open world game.

If I had to consider a GOTY candidates at this time for the 360, Fable 2 would be on top just a bit above GTIV.

"Dude....I can't believe you're 35. I just can't....I mean...why are you so immature? You read your own posts, right? Would you classify them as mature?

I thought you were like....eight...."

Yes, they're mature. My homage to Universal Picture's The Wolf Man was better than Fable 2.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:
"Dude....I can't believe you're 35. I just can't....I mean...why are you so immature? You read your own posts, right? Would you classify them as mature?

I thought you were like....eight...."

Yes, they're mature. My homage to Universal Picture's The Wolf Man was better than Fable 2.

okay that's funny

xman said:

I am glad to announce that Fable 2 has gone triple AAA see the link below to metacritic this is good for MS and the game and well deserved.  Looks like this is the beggining of the trile AAA binge for MS this holiday season, Portal on XBLA also went triple AAA

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2

A 7.5 from Destructoid just killed Fable II Metacritic rating.

WiiStation360 said:
xman said:

I am glad to announce that Fable 2 has gone triple AAA see the link below to metacritic this is good for MS and the game and well deserved.  Looks like this is the beggining of the trile AAA binge for MS this holiday season, Portal on XBLA also went triple AAA

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fable2

A 7.5 from Destructoid just killed Fable II Metacritic rating.

lol man that sucks, late review

I hope it gets another 100 score so some AAA freaks get happy
yes, I'm kind

never even heard of "destructoid" or whatever its called, but the game has been out 2 weeks now so reviews are going to be hard to come by