By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Animal Crossing: City Folk outsell Little Big Planet in Lifetime Sales

Both of those games are released at this same time and they both certainly have an extremely wide appeal. Animal Crossing is an established franchise that have sold extremely well, nearly 3 mln copies on the Gamecube and nearly 10 million on the DS. It got extremely good reviews with 87 on Metacritic (the GC version), and City Folk should be similar, even if not as high.

With Wii being a phenomena , that sells like a monster every week, with already significant userbase (much more bigger then that of the PS3) this game has everything to be a great commercial success.

LBP on the other side is arleady hailed to be an AAA game, a  game that will sell millions and help sony get out of the 3rd place. It gives gamer loads of freedom in creating levels, the sackboys are certainly something that many kids and casual gamers would love to have fun with. But with PS3 userbase being significantly smaller, and the game not being as big as AC franchise, i personally dont think that LBP can outperform the Nintendo title even with all the hype and heavy marketing behind it.

So in conclusion i think the City Folk will sell more then LBP overall.

I hope this thread wont create any flame because that was not my intention.

Around the Network

Actually, this is a pretty good question. I look forward to the replies. I think Animal Crossing will lose to LBP in reviews, but will win in sales.

d21lewis said:
Actually, this is a pretty good question. I look forward to the replies. I think Animal Crossing will lose to LBP in reviews, but will win in sales.

This.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Animal crossing will get review much lower than LBP. (85 range)

On their own, Animal crossing might double LBP sales. Bundling of LBP by Sony will make the margin much closer than that. Even so, I cannot see LBP outselling AC.

Animal Crossing will have the sales.
LBP will get better reviews.
(>'.')>

Around the Network

I really hope LBP will win, but I do think that there is a good chance that AC will win the sales battle

It's definitely possible. With such a high install base, you don't really need such a high attach rate to sell millions.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Of course it can

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I not touching this with a ten foot pole, because it would make me sad if you're correct.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Animal Crossing will definitely outsell LBP overall.

hmm, established IP Animal Crossing with a 33.83M+ install base that's growing at a rapid pace.

or new IP LBP with a 16.04M+ install base that's steadily rising.

I just don't see LBP outselling it.