By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot E3 game of the show.

I love the Sony bashing! Man LBP is going to sell. I bet you hardcore gamers are going to flood this game. You will find that alot of ps3 hardcore owners want this game and it is high on the list. LBP will have alot of stages aswell. I heard it will be a large figure (200)?, where you find different materials in the stages. Also why would hardcore players not like making their own levels, ppl love that idea - publish your level so others can play it online - that is awesome.

The thing is, everyone knows this game will deliver, but it is easier to bash sony. Sony has the goods and you will have to see. Anyways , put down LBP all you like. I know I'll be playing it with my fellow PS3 Boyz. Sack Boys FTW 08 :D

Cute to Casual ; cOoL to Hardcore :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

Its somewhat hard to say any upcomming game for the Ps3, no matter how impressive will give it a comeback, the major titles that have come out so hard have yet to do much for the PS3. None the less perhaps we shouldn't be attacking a thread in the Sony forum about a Sony game, its kind of asking for trouble. And people should be used to Sony fanboys claiming every new exclusive for the PS3 is going to be the game that turns it around. Just let the thread be people.

People comparing this game to Okami and Viva Pinata when it comes to sales are wrong, dead wrong.

The difference is, I know many a person outside of the hardcore gaming community who have heard of this game, hell there even excited about it (I know this 360 fan and he's loving the looks of this). But I am the only one who knows the name of Okami.

They don't really care abiout the graphics, it's mainly that my mates are either gamers and love the looks of this anyways, or they're quite creative and like it for the whole level design thing.

I dont know if LBP will attract casual gamer and make them buy a PS3.
But the fact that Gamespot put LBP as their "E3 game of the show" just underlign the momentum behind the PS3 since E3 2007.

Time to Work !

I dont think anyone is doubting that the game is going to amazing, in fact the mere thought of the potential it has, has me more excited than many games ive seen. I myself only own a Wii (this gen anyways, many other consoles prior to that) and like i said i am truly excited about this game, but even though i am tempted to buy a PS3 just for this game, i know it will never happen on this game alone. I personally count myself as a much more 'informed' gamer (as is everyone on here, we forget that your average Joe doesnt spend all the time on the web looking stuff up, on forums discussing etc.) and whilst this game can win all the awards in the world, it wont sell hugely. Just my opinion though.

Games i'm currently playing:

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
I have heard that other Sony developers want to make LBP levels and have a hand in that game too... the possibilities could be quite awesome.

OH, ZARKING WOW! I just thought about this.... think of other devs making lvls that are specific to their own content?????? like FFXIII themed levels? that would be very cool..... just think of the possibilities. amazing approach to promoting your own game, and I think Sony would welcome it, breakthrough strategy! @finalsquall, well put. especially the 2nd part. @leroybrown, there haven't been any "big" games yet, just overhyped, by fanboys, games. Also, I appreciate the tone down, it's not "always" necessary to smack gamers excited about something they like. thanks. let some enjoy what they like.

OH, ZARKING WOW! I just thought about this.... think of other devs making lvls that are specific to their own content?????? like FFXIII themed levels? that would be very cool..... just think of the possibilities. amazing approach to promoting your own game, and I think Sony would welcome it, breakthrough strategy! @finalsquall, well put. especially the 2nd part. @leroybrown, there haven't been any "big" games yet, just overhyped, by fanboys, games. Also, I appreciate the tone down, it's not "always" necessary to smack gamers excited about something they like. thanks. let some enjoy what they like.

Oh, im sorry, i forgot you and everyone on here has played the game, my mistake. Aren't you hyping up a game here Vizunary? I mean yeah it sounds great and whatnot but the only way you couldnt be hyping it up would be if you had actually played it. Like i said, it does look good and when there is another game out that i want on PS3, will definately purchase.

Oh, im sorry, i forgot you and everyone on here has played the game, my mistake. Aren't you hyping up a game here Vizunary? I mean yeah it sounds great and whatnot but the only way you couldnt be hyping it up would be if you had actually played it. Like i said, it does look good and when there is another game out that i wasnt a PS3, will definately purchase.

Oh, im sorry, i forgot you and everyone on here has played the game, my mistake. Aren't you hyping up a game here Vizunary? I mean yeah it sounds great and whatnot but the only way you couldnt be hyping it up would be if you had actually played it. Like i said, it does look good and when there is another game out that i wasnt a PS3, will definately purchase.

Damn, triple post, dont know how that happened, really sorry!!