By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot E3 game of the show.

Nonquihote said:
Desroko said:

Because it's Sony.

Certainly not because of LBP, which is not going to be big seller. Too original, too cute for the PS3 user base. Think Viva Pinata.

Are you just mad that Nintendo is not the publisher. On the 1up podcast they said it best, if LBp was from nintendo people would be saying its the second coming.

I like the concept. I think the game will be fantastic, probably the PS3's best so far. But it won't sell. 

Around the Network

Come on people. No arguing PS3 sales how one game will affect save make or break it.

Its all about LBP and its greatness.

look at them eyes, dont make em cry.

Is there an actual point to this game yet or is it just a bunch of running around?

And I don't think the cloth simulation is really the game's main selling point. :p

Desroko said:

I like the concept. I think the game will be fantastic, probably the PS3's best so far. But it won't sell.

Why wont it.

It covers evey type of gamer there is, hardcore core casual adult teen child man women.

It has online play online community massive interaction or just simlle platform elements, depands on what the player wants to do.  

Its for everyone.

DKII said:
Is there an actual point to this game yet or is it just a bunch of running around?

And I don't think the cloth simulation is really the game's main selling point. :p

Think platformer.

Yahh i think its creativity and cuteness is its best selling point, i shure as hell never said cloth simulation is that.  But the realism of all the objects is.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

But this isnt just one game, LBP,killzone,mgs4(a system seller),uncharted,heavenlysword,ratchet,lair,and unreal tournament(systemseller) are all going to factor on the sales of the ps3,early next year lbp a "new" game that if brought to the world correctly as I stated before can sell consoles. Especially to the feminine and younger audience this game will apeal to. Folklore as well can help boost ps3 sales in the states with the console priced at $499.99, and with people willing to get those great games I wouldnt be suprised if 360 owners themselves purchase a ps3.

I know PS2 fans love this list but just look at it for a minute:

• Little Big Planet: potentially a very good and interesting game but it won't sell. Most of the PS3's userbase has a built in dislike for anything that could be considered cute or childish. Much like how the XBox 360's userbase reacted to Viva Pinata, this game will be an obscure title that only a handful of gamers ever play.
  • Killzone 2: The sequel to a game that was endlessly hyped as a "Halo Killer" that eventually turned out to be an average and horribly flawed game. Killzone never sold particularly well and outside of Sony fans few people even care about this series.
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: I wouldn't count on this game until the second half of 2008.
  • Ratchet and Clank: I could be wrong, but I suspect that the vast majority of Ratchet games were sold to the more "typical" gamer on the PS2; essentially a group of people who will not spend $500 to play any game.
  • Lair: I'm calling it now, Lair is going to bomb and there is going to be a lot of mocking on these message boards. Factor 5's best game was Star Wars Rogue Squadren 2: Rogue Leader for the Gamecube; it had amazing graphics, was the best launch game available, had an amazingly popular licence (potentially at the peak of its popularity with all of the prequel hype), and was on a $200 system and yet it really didn't sell at amazing levels. Lair has the nice graphics but it won't stand out in the line-up like Rogue Leader did, it doesn't have the huge licence, and it isn't on an inexpensive system.
  • Heavenly Sword: Another game that will bomb. Essentially "God of war as a girl" but God of War really isn't that popular of a game; it sold just over 1 Million copies on the most popular console of all time, a console that every gamer either had or could easily afford.
  • Unreal Tournament: This game will sell a lot of hardware ... For the PC; I expect that high end graphics cards will sell well, and pre-packaged SLi systems will move at an amazing rate. Most serious online FPS players will choose to play this game on their PC.

why is every1 comparing this to viva pinata this is a platformer that is gona be awesome you can create your own levels and change gravitational effects( or something of that nature )it may be a little cute but the features and everything is awesome..... core gamers might not like the little cuteness but they like great games and this seems to be turning out to be a great game

DKII said:

You do know that the levels are all user created right? So you can make 'em just running around or a lot more complex than that. If this game is just running around then Mario is just jumping around :)

All I know is if this idea was Nintendo and they brought a game where players from all over the world create all the levels in very easy and fun ways and it featured co op creating and playing then this game would be welcomed as the second coming of christ but because it's Sony it gets all the skepticism. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

LBP also won Most innovative game and Best technological achievement of E3 according to IGN.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

how did a zarking thread about what some OTHER website said about it become another PS3 bash? happysquirel, you're really pushing it.... more like pissysquirel.

the game looks very cool and innovating(yes that's right, not just the Wii is innovative) And plenty of us "purist" gamers will get and enjoy this game.

^^^ didn't you hear we're purist now, not core... core gamers were like soooo last gen.