By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - McCain will pull a Truman upset...

steven787 said:
The media, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, the Radio talkshows everyone keep implying that black people are voting for Obama because he's black.

It's not so much that he's black, it how his candidacy has proven how certain people (black and white) still haven't gotten over race. Obama has been treated like a criminal, un-American, or less than human by "respectable" people on both sides.

I was a Hillary supporter 5 months ago, and I couldn't believe the things that she, Bill, or her supporters would say and, more so, how they say it. They always let the sentence trail off, begging the question. Thinking they can lead the audience into a conclusion, that they won't have to say.

Then McCain does it and pushed it so hard, that now he has revealed an ugly side of the American Right. By not standing up to Neocons, religious conservatives, and now the racist radical right McCain has made himself lose all the appeal he had to independents, and centrist Dems and Reps.

I switched from Hillary to Obama for the same reason, because she was acting like such a politician.  Obama was probably a more viable candidate as well, which had something to do with it.

I never seriously considered supporting McCain, but I might have if he would have run a non-traditional campaign, which he easily could have done.  I mean he is a maverick after all, or so I am told.  Its really sad how much of a politician he has been acting like in the past few months.  He's way better than that, I know it deep down.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Do you mean Hilary to Barry or did you mean Obama-Clinton-Obama?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

madskillz said:
d21lewis said:
McCain WILL be our next President. I'm sure of it. And the thought of it depresses the hell out of me.

This. I have been calling this. Every president I have voted for since Clinton has lost. Oh well - I took part in early voting and cast my vote for - the loser. Who? The fool that's my avatar.

OT - there's one prob in your post - what about the heavy early voter turnouts? What about the voters on cell phones? I know you are hopeful and optimistic, but unless:

Obama comes out and says he's a Muslim who will open the door to al-Qaida ...
OR the authorities find him with a live boy/dead girl ...
or he tries to rob a bank, he can start having his mail forwarded to this address:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500.

So...two elections? haha

You wanna know who sunk Sarah Palin? *Pulls out Clue game* It was...let's see...Katie Couric...in the interview...with serious questions. *shocked face*

Currently playing: Civ 6

steven787 said:
Do you mean Hilary to Barry or did you mean Obama-Clinton-Obama?

Whoops, I meant switched from Hillary to Barry.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

halogamer1989 said:
steven787 said:
At least it's with their own money, and not with National Comitee funds... zinga!

He utilized DNC money--count on it. Why spend out of your own wallet when a PAC can pay for you?

The whole 150k for clothes argument is stupid, but sadly it gets ratings. I mean seriously, this has nothing to do with the issues. Its a waste of time. I don't think it is sexist though, don't forget the media hooplah about Edwards $400 haircut.

The problem was that Palin should not have said anything about it in her stump speech in FL. This gave the media the chance to extend this story. Any day that McCain does not have a good win on a news cycle is a day wasted.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
halogamer1989 said:
steven787 said:
At least it's with their own money, and not with National Comitee funds... zinga!

He utilized DNC money--count on it. Why spend out of your own wallet when a PAC can pay for you?

The whole 150k for clothes argument is stupid, but sadly it gets ratings. I mean seriously, this has nothing to do with the issues. Its a waste of time. I don't think it is sexist though, don't forget the media hooplah about Edwards $400 haircut.

The problem was that Palin should not have said anything about it in her stump speech in FL. This gave the media the chance to extend this story. Any day that McCain does not have a good win on a news cycle is a day wasted.

Agreed the media should cover the issues instead of gossip.  If I wanted that shit I'd pick up the National Inquirer.

"Only currently, after the giant swiftboatesque job that was done on her. Before then she was fairly well liked.

Those conservatives agere with her policies... they just don't like her after all the negative attacks."

To be honest Palins main problems haven't been the attacks on her, its her own media appearances - especially the Couric interview.

cdude1034 said:
madskillz said:
d21lewis said:
McCain WILL be our next President. I'm sure of it. And the thought of it depresses the hell out of me.

This. I have been calling this. Every president I have voted for since Clinton has lost. Oh well - I took part in early voting and cast my vote for - the loser. Who? The fool that's my avatar.

OT - there's one prob in your post - what about the heavy early voter turnouts? What about the voters on cell phones? I know you are hopeful and optimistic, but unless:

Obama comes out and says he's a Muslim who will open the door to al-Qaida ...
OR the authorities find him with a live boy/dead girl ...
or he tries to rob a bank, he can start having his mail forwarded to this address:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500.

So...two elections? haha

You wanna know who sunk Sarah Palin? *Pulls out Clue game* It was...let's see...Katie Couric...in the interview...with serious questions. *shocked face*

LOL. No, Palin sunk Palin. She wasn't vetted and McCain made the pick with his penis. That's it. She's clueless and really just has looks - but that's all ok. She can do this on her own in 2012.