By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - McCain will pull a Truman upset...

halogamer1989 said:
steven787 said:
At least it's with their own money, and not with National Comitee funds... zinga!

He utilized DNC money--count on it.  Why spend out of your own wallet when a PAC can pay for you?

Because it looks bad in the middle of a campaign?

Around the Network

Yeah, Rath is right, only a complete idiot would let someone close to their campaign receive something for personal use from their party in the middle of an election.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Whatever gets you through the night, it all right. It's all right.

halogamer1989 said:
steven787 said:
At least it's with their own money, and not with National Comitee funds... zinga!

He utilized DNC money--count on it. Why spend out of your own wallet when a PAC can pay for you?

Proof by rhetoric. Scientists, take note.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

halogamer1989 said:

Look at Palin rallies.  Over 15,000 outside of Arlington, VA a heavily blue area. 

In addtion remember what Dr. King said, "Judge a man by the content of his character; not by the color of his skin."  Not to be racist but Obama has shown frequent bouts of arrogance and plain snobbery (Guns and religion, "A plumber is the guy he's fightin' for!" followed by roaring laughter, Roman columns on nomination, not to mention Michelle's ordering of steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar, and ultra expensive champagne at the Waldorf Astoria -- and that's just room service!

Where oh where should I start to dismantle this talking point?  Oh, I think I'll start with the lies about Michelle Obama and that room service call.  Did you realize, that Michelle didn't even STAY at that hotel?  She was in Fort Wayne, IN giving a speech there.  Not at the Waldorf Astoria, where Barack had a speech.

www.snopes.com/politics/obama/roomservice.asp

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212008/gossip/pagesix/room_disservice_134490.htm

And the NY Post printed a retraction for that false story.

Lets look at Albequerque... McCain pulled 1500, while Obama drew 45,000.  That's pretty significant for that area as well.

Now, lets take a look at a palin rally in Iowa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9T0FI2axbU

Now, you probably heard that right... Someone yelled the N word at her rally, and you can tell she was shocked by that as she stumbled around for a few moments.  How do I know what was said?   I was there.   There weren't that many there at all, and i wanted to go so my republican friend took me along.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Wow, I can't believe someone yelled that out at a rally.....

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I couldn't believe it, and I was there. But you should have seen the looks she got after she yelled that out. It wasn't more then 3 minutes when her friends grabbed her and took her out of there, knowing that she may have started a nasty scene for herself.

I didn't know if they took her out because they feared the media would make a mockery of her, like Ashley Todd and portray her as a racist and give her life grief, or they thought that one of the black people there at the rally would find her and beat the snot out of her.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
I couldn't believe it, and I was there. But you should have seen the looks she got after she yelled that out. It wasn't more then 3 minutes when her friends grabbed her and took her out of there, knowing that she may have started a nasty scene for herself.

I didn't know if they took her out because they feared the media would make a mockery of her, like Ashley Todd and portray her as a racist and give her life grief, or they thought that one of the black people there at the rally would find her and beat the snot out of her.

This. I have a book in the works called "Count the brothers at GOP rallies." I had a friend that went to both conventions - and she said there were few blacks at the GOP one, and even fewer young ones.

It was for media reasons - but with Steven's conviction - Bachmann's gaffes and the misfortune of the party itself, even if O loses, it will be a veto proof majority in both houses and McCain won't get jack done anyhow.

The media, MSNBC, Fox, CNN, the Radio talkshows everyone keep implying that black people are voting for Obama because he's black.

It's not so much that he's black, it how his candidacy has proven how certain people (black and white) still haven't gotten over race. Obama has been treated like a criminal, un-American, or less than human by "respectable" people on both sides.

I was a Hillary supporter 5 months ago, and I couldn't believe the things that she, Bill, or her supporters would say and, more so, how they say it. They always let the sentence trail off, begging the question. Thinking they can lead the audience into a conclusion, that they won't have to say.

Then McCain does it and pushed it so hard, that now he has revealed an ugly side of the American Right. By not standing up to Neocons, religious conservatives, and now the racist radical right McCain has made himself lose all the appeal he had to independents, and centrist Dems and Reps.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Kasz216 said:

Only currently, after the giant swiftboatesque job that was done on (Palin).  Before then she was fairly well liked.

The only person that hurt Palin was Palin herself.  America didnt know her, but most gave her a chance.  After several horrible interviews and long stint of ignoring the media (presumabley to strengthen herself on current events and politics), she got her bearings together but it was too late.