By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will LPB really sell that well?

I really wanted it, but now I don't. The urge has passed. I hope it does well, but I just don't have the patience or talent to make my own game. I'll rent it someday, though.

Around the Network

LBP is a funny one......on one hand it has a ton of internet hype, on the other hand its a quazi 2d platformer, which is a hard sell to most gamers. It also looks like a "kids" game which will make it a hard sell for the more "mature" crowd, which wont touch a Wii with a 10 foot clown poll cause its too kiddy. Its a definite rent for me(I didnt get a beta key)....and what I feel will definitely have a good chance of being a purchase.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

LBP will be the biggest game this gen hands down,

^ LOL!!!!!!

I think around 2mil first month lifetime 3.5mil
But thats just my opinion.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

It certainly won't do as well as certain people hope but with the packins and the holiday season coming up it should sell at least a million.

Maynard_Tool said:
^ LOL!!!!!!

pshh

We all know Wii sports is the best game this gen.

mM

Anyone expecting insane first week sales is going to be disappointed. Its initial sales will be good but its fate will be decided by its legs.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:
^ LOL!!!!!!

pshh

We all know Wii sports is the best game this gen.

No its not, but neither is or will be LBP!!! come on, overhyping a game is something....but doing what people are doing to LBP is just ridicolous. I mean, people claim that MGS4 is the best game for the generation, but now they say LBP will be the best game this gen.... i seriously doubt LBP will be one of the top games this year. Please, enough is enough. LBP is a good game and a fresh idea, but NO its not gonna be the best game this generation, not even close. That's just stupid. You may like the game....but to say it will be the best game..... issues 8-)

But, w/e i dont even know why i responded to you, i mean, everybody knows (incluiding me) what type of person you are....please, its a little late. You should be sleeping by now.

No, LBP is one of the top games this year. But that does NOT mean it's THE top game of the year. I mean, the competition is just insane, I don't see how anyone could say it's going to top SSBB, MKW, GTAIV, etc. etc.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!