By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance no longer Resistance?

The game is nothing like RFoM just to let you guys know.  The controls seem slow and clunky from what i remember.   I loved the first games online play and i'm not liking this game so far.   Its really hard to tell when you are being hit  and where the shots are coming from.  The water is really cool, but the sound effects for everything seem odd, some sounds are also very hard to hear while others are blasting the speakers and i'm forced to turn the sound down.  So far i'm not liking the game. What do you guy think of it so far.  Graphics don't seem all that good either.

I'm off to go play some more, maybe it will get better.

Around the Network

Resistance 2 no longer resistance?

The people who signed up for the beta or purchased Qore Episode 3 are finally getting the e-mails. Can't wait to load it up tomorrow and check it out.

I've heard it's borrowed a lot from other successful games.

Griffin said:

The game is nothing like RFoM just to let you guys know.  The controls seem slow and clunky from what i remember.   I loved the first games online play and i'm not liking this game so far.   Its really hard to tell when you are being hit  and where the shots are coming from.  The water is really cool, but the sound effects for everything seem odd, some sounds are also very hard to hear while others are blasting the speakers and i'm forced to turn the sound down.  So far i'm not liking the game. What do you guy think of it so far.  Graphics don't seem all that good either.

I'm off to go play some more, maybe it will get better.

up the look sensitivity

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Resistance 2 is too fast paced, imo, but RFoM's online was just as hectic, iirc, which is why I never played it.

UT fans should love the game, though I suppose it'd fall closer to Halo than UT. The weapons are still amazing, as usual, and I'm sure I'll love the single player.

kz2 >>> r2

I have the beta and I like it better than the first Resistance.

That's odd; I've heard all good things about it from people I know who are in it. Even a guy who hated the first one and generally dislikes FPS loved it. I'll have to give it a shot before I call it either way though, but I can't imagine being let down by it.

Umm, Resistance 2 is the same as R:FOM. I have been in the beta for like a week (got in last thursday) and before that I played and beat R:FOM, and they are exactly the same. I'm pretty sure that the single player is not going to be as fast paced as the multiplayer, and I don't know why the controls feel clunky and slow for u, they are pretty damn good for me. As for graphics, it's rumored that Insomniac removed some textures and other stuff to make the file size smaller, and it was still 2.3 gigs.

Anyways, I'm loving this game, besides the servers (obviously that will be fixed), I can't complain. My friend keeps getting mad when he comes over cuz he always want to play the Co-Op but it seems like I can never connect with split-screen co op or the servers are rebooting.

insomniac17 said:
That's odd; I've heard all good things about it from people I know who are in it. Even a guy who hated the first one and generally dislikes FPS loved it. I'll have to give it a shot before I call it either way though, but I can't imagine being let down by it.

I know someone who is downloading it righ now (only abot 40% done and its been hours) and he didn't like the first one very much. I'll give his impressions when he plays it. But he is generally harsh on games. He said he'll probablly play R2 beta once decide it sucks and start playing gears again.