By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Good Old Games(GOG.com) is Open! Offers DRM-less PC Classics Cheap

Good Old Games Opens to the Public, Offers DRM-less PC Classics for Cheap

CD Projekt, developer of The Witcher (Role-playing GOTY 2007), has announced that its digital distribution platform Good Old Games officially opens to the public today, bringing cheap DRM-free downloads of classic PC games, such as Fallout and Fallout 2, to the masses.

At present, GOG.com offers over 40 PC titles, priced at either $5.99 or $9.99. Each game has been reworked to be compatible with XP and Vista, and can be downloaded an unlimited amount of times once purchased. Piranha Bytes' Gothic and Strategy First's Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold Edition will hit the service on October 28, with Sacred Gold, Jagged Alliance, and more slated to arrive in the coming weeks.

Read on for a full list of the titles Good Old Games currently offers:

• 1nsane
  • Battle Chess Special Edition
  • Castles + Castles 2
  • Colin McRae Rally 2005
  • Conquest of the New World
  • Descent + Descent 2
  • Descent 3 + Expansion
  • Die by the Sword + Expansion
  • Earthworm Jim + Earthworm Jim 2
  • Earthworm Jim 3D
  • Evolva
  • F/A-18E Super Hornet
  • Fallout
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout Tactics
  • Freespace + Expansion
  • Freespace 2
  • Giants: Citizen Kabuto
  • Hostile Waters; Antaeus Rising
  • I.G.I. 2: Covert Strike
  • Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
  • Kingdom: The Far Reaches
  • Kingpin: Life of Crime
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
  • M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
  • MDK
  • MDK 2
  • Messiah
  • Operation Flashpoint GOTY
  • Original War
  • Perimeter
  • Redneck Rampage Collection
  • Sacrifice
  • Second Sight
  • Sensible Soccer 2006
  • Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
  • Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
  • Stonekeep
  • TOCA Race Driver 3

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55510

And for anyone interested, here is GOG's current week's Top 10 Sellers:

1. Fallout
  2. Fallout 2
  3. Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition
  4. Freespace 2
  5. Fallout Tactics
  6. Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
  7. Battle Chess Special Edition
  8. Castles + Castles 2
  9. Giants: Citizan Kabuto
  10. Colin McRae 2005

Around the Network

Hmmmm...this seems like my kind of site to buy from. Can someone give me some recommendations on what to buy? I think the only game I have from that list is Fallout.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Hmm, sounds interesting, gonna have to pick up a few of those.

Do they plan to keep adding games and adding even older games?

Onyxmeth said:

Hmmmm...this seems like my kind of site to buy from. Can someone give me some recommendations on what to buy? I think the only game I have from that list is Fallout.

Kingpin, Freespace series, Sacrifice, Fallout 2, mdk series, giants: citizen kabuto are all awesome.

twesterm said:

Hmm, sounds interesting, gonna have to pick up a few of those.

Do they plan to keep adding games and adding even older games?

ofcourse, they are obviously going to (they're already announcing old games coming in the future like Gothic and Disciples). Think of it as a DRM-less Steam for Old Games.

Any idea of they're going to some of the old Sierra point and click games? Like the Quest for Glory games?

Because that would be awesome.

Around the Network

Planescape Torment is missing. Also I remember playing Battle Chess on my Amiga when I was a kid, really fun chess game.

they are going to keep adding games, just like any Steam or any other DD store. Hopefully they'll put Planescape Torment there, because I would definitely buy it.

NO WAY! They have Shogo on there. That game was my love way way back in the day. Made by Monolith and all and it kicked ass. Also where is The Incredible Machine?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I got in on the beta... The site doesn't properly know the concept of good "old" games. Some games are just 4 years old! Anyway, it is still a great site for buying games, catalog needs to grow over time though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Go play a real old school game!

http://www.classicdosgames.com/online/egatrk31.html