By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Good Old Games(GOG.com) is Open! Offers DRM-less PC Classics Cheap

Nice... so they work on Vista 64 too? Im looking to move my gaming PC to that OS next year.

Tease.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Go play a real old school game!

http://www.classicdosgames.com/online/egatrk31.html

WHAT?

There are FAR too many colours in that game and it's way too graphical. If you're talking about the game it was based on (Star Trek), I salute you. But still, it's like saying Nethack Falcon's Eye is retro because of its lineage.

Also, Jagged Alliance 2! Maybe this'll be a special bug free version!

gurok said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Go play a real old school game!

http://www.classicdosgames.com/online/egatrk31.html

WHAT?

There are FAR too many colours in that game and it's way too graphical. If you're talking about the game it was based on (Star Trek), I salute you. But still, it's like saying Nethack Falcon's Eye is retro because of its lineage.

I had a flash link to EGA Trek I felt like using.  Plus putting it in a thread/post will help me find it again.

GOG is a very interesting project. Good start lineup.

Hm, out of those mentioned in OP I owned and played Descent, Gothic, Jagged Alliance, Fallout and Stonekeep. Good times, but I would not really want to play them again (except Fallout). Today I prefer to play my old DOS adventures on Mac via ScummVM (I praise the developers).

The site mentioned by WoW seems to be a nice addition to GOG as it covers older games, but the DOS site as a fan project seems to cover only demos/shareware and lists far too few games for my taste - only 2 LucasArts games (blasphemy!), only Coktel Vision's Gobli(ii)ns (but no original Sierra On-Line games), only C&C by Westwood (but no Dune II / Kyrandia), no Dynamix, only one Bullfrog game and so on.

I bought Giants - Citizen Kabuto a while ago (was in the beta). It's really good, and the site is well-constructed. And DRM-less games that work on XP and Vista without problems = win.