By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 TV ad will premier today on Yahoo! games

I actually shed a tear...

That reveal of Cole just made me feel... sad... for some reason...

I haven't watched the ending spoiler (don't intend to, and anybody who has seen it, don't you dare tell me if I'm right), but I feel like something bad's going to happen to him...

The scene with Dom holding the picture of him and his wife was nice, too.

All in all, I think I like this more than the Mad World one, though it's not as jaw-dropping.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Guys--this is just conjecture, but from that trailer, I think something happened to Baird!  He's nowhere to be seen in the whole thing.  At first I assumed he was with them in that scene where they were standing on the big box. However, upon closer inspection, you clearly see Marcus, Dom, Cole, and CARMINE.

The plot thickens?

Edit: Again, no one tell me if I'm right, or even hint at it.  Only respond if you don't know what happens either.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The ad was not as the good as the rendezvous with death one or the mad world one but it was still pretty good. It was alot better then that god awful R2 one IMO. The graphics also seemed to be lacking, it just seems like static pieces set on top of a sterile world, with bad smoke and blast effects.

I really like it. The Rendezvous ad I didn't really like tbh. I lol'ed a Cole & the flower.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jpain333 said:
Not a bad TV ad, I haven't seen the first Gears ad, or at least I dont remember it...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:

Guys--this is just conjecture, but from that trailer, I think something happened to Baird!  He's nowhere to be seen in the whole thing.  At first I assumed he was with them in that scene where they were standing on the big box. However, upon closer inspection, you clearly see Marcus, Dom, Cole, and CARMINE.

The plot thickens?

Edit: Again, no one tell me if I'm right, or even hint at it.  Only respond if you don't know what happens either.

Well you dont actually see the 4th member of the team up close so it could be anyone, but I'm betting it's Tai (the spiritual guy) because one of the older trailers showed Dizzy (another new one) squaring up to the new big baddie (who's name I can't remember) maybe Skorge

Anyway, from the official gears of war site characters section, it says Baird was recently reassigned, check here, though I do really hope that he is still with you for much of the game, I much preffered him to Cole

@thekitchensink

Good spot on that. I think its Tai myself and not Carmine. It would seem that Baird is the next casualty eh.

Embedded.

@Munkeh and EaglesEye379: On closer inspection, I agree that it does look like Tai, and it's definitely not Baird. But looking at the official site, it does indeed say that he was recently reassigned, so he's probably just not with them at that moment. We do know that he's in the game, because Epic has mentioned him in certain interviews.

However, we do know (straight from Epic themselves) that at least one main character does die. It's obviously not going to be Marcus, since there's a third game and I doubt they'd switch main characters like that. It's also probably not Dom, unless there's some sort of twist at some point and you get a new coop partner (which I doubt).

I doubt that it would be someone like Dizzy or Tai (or at least they wouldn't be the only one to go). It would be pretty cheesy to just introduce a character only to kill him off, especially since they already did that in the first game with Kim and Anthony Carmine. It has to be someone we're already emotionally connected with.

So, if it's a character we're already familiar with, and assuming it's not Marcus or Dom, then who else could it be besides Cole or Baird? Hoffman or Anya, maybe, but it'd be a stretch to call them 'main' characters.

Also, I need not conjecture about Ben Carmine's eventual fate, as we're all familiar with the 'red shirt' curse XD

K I'm a bit embarrassed now--I actually think it might be Baird standing on the right in that zoomed-out shot. You can sort of see the outline of his chin and his hair.