By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ubisoft Q2: Sales up 37% to €175 million, outstripping targets.

in a near future Ubiturd may start making only casual cheap crap

hehe the good thing is games like Gameparty sell much worse than Assassin's Creed on HD consoles so there is not much chance of this to happen unless they are stupid.

You get more of what is bought.

Around the Network

From a poster on Neogaf:

From the ubisoft conference call, yes i have nothing to do today :/

38% sales coming from casuals.
Casuals games: more marketing, less development

Brothers in Arms
+1 million shipped, Selling very good in the UK
Expected sales 1.0~1.5 original expectation 1.5-2.0

When talking about developing expenses, they named splinter cell, it's not dead!

Last Year games:
Assasin Creed, +5Million
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 +1 million
Haze wasn't expected to big, it did as expected.

Far Cry 2 , PoP and Shaun White expected sales 2-3 million, Rayman 3 and EndWar +1 million.

Expected install base for all consoles this holiday to be bigger than they estimated.

Ubisoft bigger than Nintendo in DS sales in the UK, for the last two week

Link

Ubisoft makes a lot of money on DS but not so much on Wii...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

trestres said:
Good to see Wii owners give the least amount of money to UbiCRAP.

Hardcore gamers on the HD's should be worried, in a near future Ubiturd may start making only casual cheap crap and leave you behind just look at the DS+Wii+PS2 %'s, and note that their hardcore games are borderline terrible or simply decent. I think no one takes their crap seriously anymore. For example BiA for the HD's and PC sold very bad considering how much Ubisoft hyped the game. Next PoP will be a flop :P

Shoudl I even dignify these rantings anymore? They're so lame.

MontanaHatchet said:
trestres said:

Hardcore gamers on the HD's should be worried, in a near future Ubiturd may start making only casual cheap crap and leave you behind just look at the DS+Wii+PS2 %'s, and note that their hardcore games are borderline terrible or simply decent. I think no one takes their crap seriously anymore. For example BiA for the HD's and PC sold very bad considering how much Ubisoft hyped the game. Next PoP will be a flop :P

Shoudl I even dignify these rantings anymore? They're so lame.

yeah, someone forgot to take his soothing pills....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

WOW ps3 over 360
that's good for sony :D

trestres said:

Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway wasn't even released for PC in Q2...

Xbox 360 got huge games from Ubisoft like BiA and Soul Calibur IV, while PC had none. I'm surprised that Xbox 360 and PS3 weren't higher to be honest.

H1 2008 Press Release
H1 2008 Slide Show

Its good to see them performing really well. It kinda does help support my theory that we'd see good results from most the publishers when they are announced next April.

So essentially they earnt 4x as much per unit of install base on the PS3/360 than the Wii. I don't know if this is a positive thing or a negative thing no matter which way I think to spin it.

Tease.