By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Looking for a Good Open-Ended RPG?

I've actually been thinking about Gothic.. but I haven't really heard too much about it.. And I don't really like going on reviews from the main review sites...

@Munkeh: Open-Ended means that there is no end to the game.. the storyline can be finished but after that, you can continue to find things, explore, level up.. and there is no forced path you must follow.

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network
Suspense304 said:
I've actually been thinking about Gothic.. but I haven't really heard too much about it.. And I don't really like going on reviews from the main review sites...

@Munkeh: Open-Ended means that there is no end to the game.. the storyline can be finished but after that, you can continue to find things, explore, level up.. and there is no forced path you must follow.

You could nearly squeeze ME into that, because there are loads of sidquests to do if you stop the storyline before the last planet

Anyway, surely an MMO is the best way to go if you want something that goes on for ever?