By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Looking for a Good Open-Ended RPG?

Other than, Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout/NWN and Baldur's Gate =)

Any suggestions?

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

It would help to know what systems or setups you have.

@Twest: Cough-PC Discussion-Cough.

On topic:up for an MMO?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
@Twest: Cough-PC Discussion-Cough.

On topic:up for an MMO?

lol that's what I get for only using the hot topics section.  >_>

@Twest

PC... and my setup is well... Very mediocre I'm about to upgrade but for now..

1.8GHz
2 GB Ram
6200 Geforce

I can run Oblivion and low/medium settings but yea.. I'm actually looking for an older game anyway..

I enjoy hours of gameplay over graphics anyday.. Something with too many options to really be able to achieve anywhere close to a full game...

MMO's have consumed my life before... I don't really want to travel that path again lol.

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

That's why I play WAR. No grinding. Get online, click the RvR icon and que up for an instanced PvP scenario (no travelling to a sign in area) or go do quests (mostly) with out "miles" of walking. Quests where you actually spend more time doing stuff than travelling or lfg. I play for about 40 minutes per day and almost every minute is fun after the first 4-5 levels.

For non-mmo, Mass Effect doesn't have that sense of exploration but it is a good game (from the little bit of time I spent with it).

I saw Mass Effect for the 360 when my roommate had it... I hate to saw I was extremely unimpressed... Truthfully if I wanted a game that was like that (from the few hours I watched) I'd replay KOTR...

Either way, my current specs wouldn't allow that game to run on my PC.

hmm.. maybe Gothic, although it's not thaaat open ended

I've only played Gothic 1+2 though and I can really recommend those, although by todays standards ofcourse they are graphical a bit unspectacular.

I would go for Mass Effect, though I am not quite certain what you mean by open ended...