By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - De Blob Sales (at least in AUS) are a huge disappointment

shams said:
I was going to buy it... but saw WarioLand Shake at the same time - and for $10 less. So I picked that up instead. Sorry De Blob - maybe next time (I go shopping for games!).

Why did De Blob cost more?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I bought the game but I've yet to even open it. -_-

Come December I'll have time to get back to all those games I skipped. Of course I saw that and I still haven't opened God of War II yet (I say it for $15 a few years ago >_>).

Sales History

Region Japan America Others Total
Total Sales 0.00m 0.06m 0.05m 0.11m
Week 1 n/a 18,403 9,102 27,505
Week 2 n/a 16,934 14,191 31,125
Week 3 n/a 21,494 12,329 33,823
Week 4 n/a n/a 16,975 16,975

Current evidence shows that while launch sales of de Blob were underwhelming, sales have been flat and are even slowly accelerating. This is pretty damn unusual, and suggests that the long-term prospects of this game are pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised to see it slow-burn its way to gold.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

De Blob Sales (at least in AUS) are a huge disappointment

To be honest I am not so surprised. Kids want to have adventures. They want to be cowboys, astronauts whatever not some blob that makes the world more colorful.

Kyros said:

To be honest I am not so surprised. Kids want to have adventures. They want to be cowboys, astronauts whatever not some blob that makes the world more colorful.

And failing all of that, kids want to be a sponge which lives at the bottom of the ocean and works at a fast food restuarant.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

nobody.. NOBODY.. gets to complain about a lack of wii games when they get games like this and don't buy it... argh

Kyros said:

I was going to say "Which explains the massive success of the cowboy videogame genre, but I'll go with Ringo's answer instead.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

3 weeks in the top 10 is hardly a dissapointment imo. Here in Europe it's selling pretty well as far as I can see from shops.

MediaMarkt had it at #2, behind Brawl. And there's ots of exposure for the game.

I think the game is doing fine and will profit from the low amount of AAA games this holiday.

newest charts - it is out of top 10 wii altogether unfortunately.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?pageid=article&t=13435

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)