By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - De Blob Sales (at least in AUS) are a huge disappointment

I dont know about the rest of the world, but in Australia ever since its release De Blob has been getting huge publicity. it has heavy advertisement in all the game-shops catalogues, ive seen random catalogues that will have a TV for sale, with De Blob on the screen and other stuff like that. I went to Big W yesterday (biggest everything shop around here) and out the front of the games section they had a massive stand of just De Blob. There where 5 rows, 4 copies of De Blob wide and each was 3-4 deep. There was probably 70 copies of De Blob there. Impossible to miss

yet in Australia it charted seventh out of Wii games, and who knows how far down on overall charts (GFK only show top 10 of each platfrom and overall)  The sales are alright, and its good to see it maintaining/rising slightly in sales since its realease, but normally games that get that much publicity sell waaaay better. Makes me sad :(

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

ok but it's doing fine overall in europe and in NA. Legs will show how far it will go in the end but it's clear it's gonna have legs.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

lol, I saw that same catalogue :P

Well, that seems in line with how it's been selling everywhere else, even though it is getting a lot more exposure down here.

I don't think that we should expect big sales from this game (i'm not saying it's bad) but if it has as heavy advertisement as you say then we need to wait andsee if it's sales will get better

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Thanks to that advertisement is why it has no drop in sales

Around the Network

Yeah look what were the Gfk numbers? 7th on the Wii top ten for the last two weeks right. Seemed like the only game above de Blob, apart from Nintendo titles, was SW.

Thats bloody Star Wars and it was heavily hyped so i wouldn't worry. Just be patient i guess.

I was hoping for a bigger hit too but who knows, the legs are lookin up atleast.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

latest GfK numbers:
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?pageid=article&t=13271

1st week was 8th
2nd was 6th
now 7th
-- of wii games only of course.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

I was going to buy it... but saw WarioLand Shake at the same time - and for $10 less. So I picked that up instead. Sorry De Blob - maybe next time (I go shopping for games!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well if you consider WL and SDA, De Blob has out performed those titles in the last 2 weeks.

Clearly brand names sell better and maybe after Wall E and SW die down it will get back up.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Let see if the holidays will be good to this game