By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii update is out.

Around the Network

Yeah Is An Official Update Cause I Got A Message From Nintendo Sayin There Was A New Update For The Wii Shop Channel But When I Updated It Said "Parental Controls Are Now Abailable" So Yeah I Came To Search If Anybody Knew What The New Update Does

Its for the shop channel. That parental controls tidbit you are referring to is the standard note Nintendo shows you at the end of every update.

well anyways Before the update my wii wouldn't read 3 of my discs, now it reads all of them!

SSBB Friend Code:  1246-8389-8083

Ah, so thats why my Wii was glowing this morning. New update. Will take care of that tonight after I beat the crap out of my PC for sucking.

Around the Network

I Found Out What The Update Does!!!....Its Worthless It Added A Button That Lets You Know What Controllers The Games In Wii Shop Channel Are Compartible With. Man Last Update Was 4 Months Ago, Nintendo Coulda Maked A New Wii Channel Over Those 4 months But No They Give Us A Usless Button!

It's another stealth update to combat piracy / homebrew.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_System_Updates

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I just update my Wii

You know if these hardware companies just worked with homebrew groups to make a sandbox enviroment. The homebrew guys wouldn't break borders for the pirates. Sure the pirates will still try to break them, but then they won't have the homebrew guys to work off of. Thus slowing and limiting there piraty deeds. It's not like Wakinko did it all buy himself, he relied on Team Twizzlers to do it.

But yeah this is more an IOS update to do an attempt to stop people from breaking the system, but they have to do something for other people to make it worth while for them to update. They should actually package these update with more signifigant updates. Like entirely new channels.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.