By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - do mods get paid

seriously??? if not whats the incentive

Around the Network

Answers:

1. I doubt it.

2. Two words: Absolute power

<insert awesome signature here>

I'll state what I did in another thread.

No, the mods don't get payed. The only thing anyone gets is there are a few review copies that this site receives and are given to the reviewer.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:

No, the mods don't get payed. The only thing anyone gets is there are a few review copies that this site receives and are given to the reviewer.

Really? that is huge

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
nordlead said:

Really? that is huge

I wouldn't call it huge. I've only seen a few review copies come through, mostly for smaller games. I'd call it more like a tiny little bonus that they have really good odds at getting.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

No, the mods pay VG Chartz. ioi is the pimp and if the pimp don't get paid, someone is going to get bitch slapped.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Yes in vg$... Hey.. even members get paid in vg$.. :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Machina-AX said:
nordlead said:
kirby007 said:
nordlead said:

Really? that is huge

I wouldn't call it huge. I've only seen a few review copies come through, mostly for smaller games. I'd call it more like a tiny little bonus that they have really good odds at getting.

This.

We're hoping to get review copies in the future but it's a tough nut to crack. We sometimes get access to betas though, which is nice. Hopefully as the site continues to grow and we get a more steady stream of reviews we'll have more success on that front.

That would be really cool i want this site to get bigger

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Will get Bigger... trust me!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

thejuicingamer said:

seriously??? if not whats the incentive

Are you kidding me? The power to ban annoying people is an incentive on its own, who needs another incentive when you can ban anyone who deserves it? I'd gladly do it for free