By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendogs for the Wii? Where is it?

Honestly, the people who are saying this game wouldn't work on the Wii are completely clueless! For so many reasons already stated above if some people would actually take the time to read instead of just posting to make their penis bigger, they would see that.

With the point and click and cursor like ability similar in some regards to the DS, the online functionality, the Wii Speak accessory, hell even the balance board could possibly be worked in somehow and I don't see how this couldn't work. Also since Nintendo is trying to reach out to all people, especially women and kids, this game has success written all over it.

Think about it, Nintendogs is one of the best, if not the best selling non bundled game....ever. Does anyone think this wouldn't also be huge on the Wii. The game still is a top seller on the DS regularly. Some people really need to wake up.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

if a pokemon mmo was made for the wii, and it was done right, it would probably get more playtime than even wow.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Very good question. They certainly need to make one.

wfz said:

Add me to the list of people scratching their head over why Nintendo doesn't make a full fledged console Pokemon game.

I don't want a MMO pokemon game though, because my life would be completely ruined after that came out. (I'd be basically playing it 24/7 for the rest of my life, which  might not last long without sleep and water.)

This. Oh good god, this.

A console version would be a Pokemon game I'd have no quarrel buying.

Im not so worried about Nintendogs as I am Wii Colors! Where are they!?

Around the Network

nintendogs wii, and a online pokemon would be huge for nintendo... Some how I feel like if EA owned these ips they would have whored them out for sure.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It's because WiiSpeak just came out, and WM+ Isn't out yet. In case you forgot, calling your dog by his/her name was a very important feature (although, I personally could not use it do to puberty's rapid progression of my vocal chords), and without WM+, throwing a ball or a disc (very important, and in WiiSports resort), wouldn't work nearly as well...

Nintendogs Wii will probably be out by the end of 2009 or Mid 2010, end of 2010, tops.

coasterlove said:
Honestly, the people who are saying this game wouldn't work on the Wii are completely clueless! For so many reasons already stated above if some people would actually take the time to read instead of just posting to make their penis bigger, they would see that.

With the point and click and cursor like ability similar in some regards to the DS, the online functionality, the Wii Speak accessory, hell even the balance board could possibly be worked in somehow and I don't see how this couldn't work. Also since Nintendo is trying to reach out to all people, especially women and kids, this game has success written all over it.

Think about it, Nintendogs is one of the best, if not the best selling non bundled game....ever. Does anyone think this wouldn't also be huge on the Wii. The game still is a top seller on the DS regularly. Some people really need to wake up.

The style of Nintendogs is perfectly suited to a form of gaming that typically only happens on a handheld system ... While people will play games for longer periods of time on a handheld system, there is a demand for games that you can pick up and play for a couple of minutes and walk away feeling that you accomplished something.

ur wrong a real dog is too much of a hassel, it cost so much money food, vet bills, it poops, it pees, it barks, it bites, it dies. i would rather have i virtual dog because i don't have too deal with the above stuff i posted, plus it is going to cost me 40-50 dollars. whoever came up with this post should work for nintendo development team. you came up with a good idea. i really think nintendo is working on this game they have to come on it makes perfect sense. the balance board idea sounds like a good idea and they should add a jogging feature like they did with wii fit so u can jog with ur virtual dog will be smashing. wii speak would be good. and of course someone posted a dog show. as long ur dog can qualify to go to the westminster dog show would be cool. sell ur pups when ur breed ur best of show dog would be cool

HappySqurriel said:
coasterlove said:

The style of Nintendogs is perfectly suited to a form of gaming that typically only happens on a handheld system ... While people will play games for longer periods of time on a handheld system, there is a demand for games that you can pick up and play for a couple of minutes and walk away feeling that you accomplished something.

I get what you're saying but do you think that Nintendogs would be anything less than a huge success? Lets assume for a moment that it was released for the Wii and was nowhere near as popular on the Wii as it was the DS. Say it only managed to do just 10% of the DS version's sales, that's still over 2 million copies!

Also, the Wii has had numerous games such as WarioWare, Carnival Games, Wii Sports, the Raving Rabbid series and many others that can be played and enjoyed as in short bursts. I don't think that being on the Wii would be any problem as far as the duration of time people played it because it was on a console versus a handheld.

Oh, another thing I thought of too now beneficial for a Wii version of Nintendogs- downloadable content. I think a Wii version of Nintendogs makes complete sense and will make buckets of cash for Nintendo. The only problem I see for Nintendo is them trying to find a place to put all their money.

I'll come up with something better eventually...