By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 will never pass the 360 in lifetime sales

Seems once again people are hoping for the fate of death to the PS3. Yet most gamers who slam on the PS3 actually gives it a chance ends up owning a PS3 and playing it to the ends of earth.

In reality true I know more xbox fanboys who play the PS3 then go out and buy the system. Here in Columbus there is a gamers group that has fifty gamers involved who meets at different establishments and has lan game play offs. I slowly watch the xbox get switched out to the PS3 for games. halo is still around for some but out of the 3 mondays a month we meet it is usually a ps3 video game play off. I think in the past 2 months the 360 has been used at them maybe twice.

I am not here to slam on the box. but in reality as soon as one of the xfanboys play with the ps3 they end up buying it.

Around the Network

@seece, PS3 will reach over 100 mln. consoles, DEAL with that. =]
and x360 will be outsold by PS3 EVERY week.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan, we are close to reach the 6 millions difference again, i cant understand you any more and PS3 has been outsold for 2 months now..

Even in Europe...

@eliasg,
x360 just had a PRICECUT in ALL regions.
YET, since november it will be outsold by PS3 for every week WW.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

RolStoppable said:

5. There are more important things than gaming to Sony fans - As Sony fans have become older, their lives have changed as well. They are looking into what life has to offer beyond videogames (and playing b3yond). Don't believe me? Think about this: In the week of Metal Gear Solid 4's release our good old friend DMeisterJ didn't buy a PS3. No, he decided to buy a Wii instead! And he's one of the biggest Sony and MGS fans we have here on VGC! Why would he do such a thing? The most plausible explanation is that a girl played a major role in his decision. Girls dig the Wii, so it's not unreasonable at all to assume that DMeisterJ bought a Wii to impress a girl. I bet it paid off and was worth it for him. Of course he doesn't tell us about this, because like the attention whore he is, he wants the infamous "Are you a virgin?" thread to live on forever.

An old but great joke :) (And is true ¬¬)

Great!!!

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."