By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't get the 360 vs Ps3 price arguments

It depends on the current argument.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
I dont get it either

why do people only refer to the arcade?

Exactly.  Sony fanboys always say if you get the arcade you have to pay for wireless, then you have to buy a hard drive, you also have to pay for Xbox Live subcription and you don't get a HD video player so PS3 is much better value for money.  But when 360 outsells PS3 by say 30,000 they say a $199 console could hardly outsell a $400 console. 

I also don't get it.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Oyvoyvoyv said:
kirby007 said:
^ how drunk are you?

Haven't drunk in 15 years 

Wow 15 years ago you must have really binged if you are still drunk.

TWRoO said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
kirby007 said:
^ how drunk are you?

Haven't drunk in 15 years 

Wow 15 years ago you must have really binged if you are still drunk.

how can a 3year old haven't had a drink in 15 years?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The ps3 does have more value for money judging by hardware, however, most people (except Europeans...I don't know how they decide) only judge by the immediate price and M$ knows this. Also, it could be said that some don't care for the extra "value" the ps3 offers as they never play online, don't need wireless, etc.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
The ps3 does have more value for money judging by hardware, however, most people (except Europeans...I don't know how they decide) only judge by the immediate price and M$ knows this. Also, it could be said that some don't care for the extra "value" the ps3 offers as they never play online, don't need wireless, etc.

wrong they only see brandname

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
^ how drunk are you?

He's not drunk, he's Norwegian! (Right?)

Mummelmann said:
kirby007 said:
^ how drunk are you?

He's not drunk, he's Norwegian! (Right?)

So is being drunk the same as being Norwegian?

They aparentely offer the same thing, but still the 399$ is ouselling the 199$ or 249$ console. WHy? Simple, people sees the ps3 as more value for the money. Notice that the important part is"people sees", this meaning that the custumer perception is what matters. Don´t ask me why this is the perception, just is. Price equals value, roughly. The wii is too cheap for it´s demand, so it was getting sold out, while the x360 too expensive for what people think it´s worth, therefore the abysmal sales two months before the price cut. Economically speaking, for the market, a x360 is worth 60% of a PS3, more or less.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Ps3 has teh better library. In contradiction to everyone metacritics and game rankings opinions.

Uncharted, MGS, Wipeout, Heavenly Sword(only using games that are currently out. Otherwise i'd put god of war into the mix... and killzone.. and resistance.. and little big planet.. and a bunch of other games which would make this list seem less important) > Everything else.

Check out my game about moles ^