By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Japan numbers - ouch!

Smashed said:
kirby007 said:
wearing off????

the xbox360 is still above the 1 - 2 k levels it has been on for ages

Typical reply.. Apparently, you don't know.. So i'll tell you.

Its been selling higher then PS3 for ages? You should cut down on the crack a bit, the 360 wins like 4 weeks over PS3 and all of the sudden its ages? Did you forget all those, weaks, months, hell even years that the PS3 outsold 360 in japan?

Exactly.

I meant that the xbox360 is selling above what they were selling last year

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I also agree with Xen. The PS3 will be back up to 9k in a matter of weeks!

thats just crazy, however looks like wii willl outsell 360/PS3 this week. it needs to do better in japan tho

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

axumblade said:
Ouch. PSP outsold all consoles combined * 2 even. That's crazy.

lol, I just noticed that

what explains the psp's relatively high number's this week then?

As others have said:

1. This is the low season for Japan.

2. The impending release of new SKUs and bundles! I wonder how the LBP bundle will do...

Around the Network
axumblade said:
makingmusic476 said:
As others have said:

1. This is the low season in Japan.

2. The impending release of new SKUs and bundles! I wonder how the LBP bundle will do...

It'll definitely boost the PS3 above the 360. If Sony are lucky, the PS3 will top the DS and Wii and PSP...for a few weeks/months. ;)

Clearly you are joking.  Otherwise I could help you search for a good institution for you to check into. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Christ, SCEJ must be in panic. I guess LBP, GTA 4 and the 80GB will improve things.

Smashed said:
kirby007 said:
wearing off????

the xbox360 is still above the 1 - 2 k levels it has been on for ages

Typical reply.. Apparently, you don't know.. So i'll tell you.

Its been selling higher then PS3 for ages? You should cut down on the crack a bit, the 360 wins like 4 weeks over PS3 and all of the sudden its ages? Did you forget all those, weaks, months, hell even years that the PS3 outsold 360 in japan?

Exactly.

You complain he doesn't know then post wrong stuff yourself. Why even bother posting? Firstly Kirbys post didn't even mention the PS3, he said it was above the 1-2K that the 360 was stuck at.

However even taking his post the wrong way you still messed up in your answer.
The PS3 was released November 11th 2006 in Japan. So it is just coming up to 2 years on the market. So the ''years'' it has outsold the 360 is impossible as it hasn't even been out for years. Secondly the 360 has sold more 6 weeks in a row now I believe, not the 4 weeks you said.  A month and a half is a very very very long time when you consider the expectations for the 2 consoles. If you had suggested a few years ago that the 360 would even outsell the ps3 for one week people would have laughed.

Even recently people were saying after 2weeks that next week the 360 would be back below the PS3, then the next week and so on. So yes taking consideration of the market the 360 outselling the ps3 for a month and a half is ages.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

5 k sales?? thats really low. i wonder if sony will get it though there
thick heads and drop the price..
japan is going hand held crazy... IS THERE A LINK FOR THIS  WEEKS SALES
 FROM JAPAN

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Well but than lets look at this weeks entire picture, at least when it comes to Sony, and my god how good the actual numbers are ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!