By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan/Others Sales UP.

Kantor said:
What the hell happened to the PSP?
And why are PS3 sales continuing to suck?

PSP-3000

The 80GB PS3 is coming soon, and people are probably waiting for the LBP bundle to come out.

Around the Network

shortages, new bundle no games.
thats what happening to the ps3 right now.

they have a 600,000 lead+ in japan only this year so they are not worried

Jo21 said:
shortages, new bundle no games.
thats what happening to the ps3 right now.

they have a 600,000 lead+ in japan only this year so they are not worried

They might have nothing to worry against the 360, but the fact the ps3 is selling at those levels should be worrying. Is it still trending behind the gamecube in Japan?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

insomniac17 said:
Kantor said:

PSP-3000

The 80GB PS3 is coming soon, and people are probably waiting for the LBP bundle to come out.

And also 360 sales are cutting in, Price cuts to wonders.

4 ≈ One

insomniac17 said:

OT: 360 is dropping off in Japan, hopefully it'll keep some higher numbers than it had before the price cut. Wii and DS doing great in Others and very well in Japan as usual. The price cut for the 360 didn't have as long of an effect as MS would have liked, I'm sure, and the PSP keeps on moving in Others. I'd say a fairly typical week, PSP Japan excepted.

I think the 360 sales might drop somewhat as the new holiday 360 bundle that was just announced in Japan, Beautiful Katamari and Ace Combat 6 included for free, isn't going to be released until Nov. 6th, so 2 more weeks. I'd imagine that people would be willing to hold off on buying a 360 for 2 weeks in order to get 2 free games with it!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Well, 2 things:

- First, ps3 will definitly be the FIRST console in europe, you may think it's funny, but just have a look a the number, don't forget that it's still at 400€... And look at pes software, just amazing ...

Ummm....did you happen to miss that other "console" known as the Wii? It has a +4 million lead on the PS3 in others and it outsold the PS3 by almost 100K in others alone this past week...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

No I didnt' forget the wii, 4M is nothing compared to the ww sales. And as I said, ps3 is still too expensive for average gamers. Wait for a price cut and you'll be surprised...

@Tremble: You need to move out of the denial stage.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

smbu2000 said:
insomniac17 said:

OT: 360 is dropping off in Japan, hopefully it'll keep some higher numbers than it had before the price cut. Wii and DS doing great in Others and very well in Japan as usual. The price cut for the 360 didn't have as long of an effect as MS would have liked, I'm sure, and the PSP keeps on moving in Others. I'd say a fairly typical week, PSP Japan excepted.

I think the 360 sales might drop somewhat as the new holiday 360 bundle that was just announced in Japan, Beautiful Katamari and Ace Combat 6 included for free, isn't going to be released until Nov. 6th, so 2 more weeks. I'd imagine that people would be willing to hold off on buying a 360 for 2 weeks in order to get 2 free games with it!

I didn't hear about those new bundles for some reason... but yeah, that would explain lower 360 sales as well.

Kantor said:

Oh right, the PSP 3000

PS3 has beaten x360 in weekly sales in europe

I believe x360's console war in europe is over

As for Japan a new PS3 SKU +GTA4 and LBP are all coming out on October 30th 2008

so expect some good --massive bumps on that week and beyond

PSP 3000?

well we will see how it has done in europe/US when NPD is in