By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS & Wii....Awesomeness!!!!!!

Around the Network

Now the PS3 just needs to get back up in Japan and hold steady in the US until they finally cut the price next year.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

bioshock does 30k

good or bad?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ultimate_123 said:
If by leading the best selling home console the last 2 gens by 5.5 million means that MS are in trouble then the world has gone crazy. Seriously.

Ps2 is not the same as ps3. They don't even have the same name. Ps3 wasn't around last 2 gens and hasn't been leading saleswise at any point in its life. PS is a "brand", a trademark of sony corp.

People unfairly regard M$ as troubled due to the fact that their system has dropped even below the wii's price point  and sales aren't what they should be relative to most home consoles at this price. Given that its the 360's main competitor is WAAY more expensive than it, combined with the perception that it has ALL ps3 games +more and essentially the same hardware, they expect M$ to  extinguish sony's efforts this gen and it still isn't happening.

I agree with you on one thing though. I don't think M$ is in trouble. They sell a LOT of software which is where the money really is.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

darthdevidem01 said:
look @ PES 09 on Ps3!

WOW! It simply killed the 360 version.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

Hmm it wouldn't hurt to put all numbers up there now would it.

Yes 360 continues to falter as predicted so not that surprising. Looking at about that 55k-60k leveling off point as I predicted so long ago.

Pro Evo 2009 has virtually no effect whatsoever on sales. Funny considering the only platform with noticeable increases over last week was the Wii and Pro Evo 09 didn't even release for it that week.

But it does seem in general aside from 360 that hardware is on a rise for the holidays. 360 of course probably is on the rise but was offset by the pricedrop and whatnot a few weeks ago so we wouldn't know it. Software should start to see increases as well on all platforms.

kirby007 said:
bioshock does 30k

good or bad?

Bad but considering it is already available on the x360/PC and it release in a period with a ton of new PS3 games and so far no ads for it is not that strange.

blazinhead89 said:
ultimate_123 said:
psrock said:
Can someone tell me why the sudden surge of PSP numbers in Others?

I think its because of the PSP-300 package with Fifa 09. Seen quite a decent ammount of advertisement for it.

PSP-300? Lulz :P

It was forged in sparta. That's why it's doing so well.

Check out my game about moles ^

Zucas said:
Hmm it wouldn't hurt to put all numbers up there now would it.

Yes 360 continues to falter as predicted so not that surprising. Looking at about that 55k-60k leveling off point as I predicted so long ago.

Pro Evo 2009 has virtually no effect whatsoever on sales. Funny considering the only platform with noticeable increases over last week was the Wii and Pro Evo 09 didn't even release for it that week.

But it does seem in general aside from 360 that hardware is on a rise for the holidays. 360 of course probably is on the rise but was offset by the pricedrop and whatnot a few weeks ago so we wouldn't know it. Software should start to see increases as well on all platforms.

I predicted 50-60k level off too!  ^_^

PS3 didn't have a noticeable rise Week over week?  It rose ten percent, and PES sold the best, by a large margin on it. 

@ Kirby

Meh.

Releasing a year old game, at full price, in the holiday shopping period was a combination for disaster.  They're good, but we'll have to hope it has legs.

Interesting numbers, hope that sales hold at 65K or above for 360. Some good bundles and games are coming. PS3 is doing awesome, even with the higher price point. Wii is king! PSP numbers are great, glad to see it doing really well, it is an awesome handheld.