By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 ending leaked (Spoilers!!!!!!!!)

loy310 said:
markers said:
LEEROY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is that suppose to mean? I have a friend that calls me that  everytime he comes over. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeroy_Jenkins

Around the Network
markers said:
loy310 said:
markers said:
LEEROY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is that suppose to mean? I have a friend that calls me that  everytime he comes over. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeroy_Jenkins

Now I know.. Thank you sir.

What, like the credits?

Please don't tell me people are actually anxious for the Gears unverise plot.

selnor said:
Videogirl said:
This is the reason why I prefer story-driven games by far.

So you dont like 2 of the best story driven games then. Half Life and Bioshock. Both those endings if you watched them without playing the game are worse than Gears 2. But as we know both those games had awesome story throughout.

Those games had mediocre storylines. People consider them good as far as games go but by movie or lliterary standards they suck.

DTG said:
selnor said:
Videogirl said:

So you dont like 2 of the best story driven games then. Half Life and Bioshock. Both those endings if you watched them without playing the game are worse than Gears 2. But as we know both those games had awesome story throughout.

Those games had mediocre storylines. People consider them good as far as games go but by movie or lliterary standards they suck.

So what video game stories do you consider good?  I suppose you think that MGS and FF stories are mediocre as well. 

What makes Half Life 2's and Bioshock's stories medicre to you?

Around the Network

I'm kinda surprised anyone cares about the GeoW storyline. I played through the first with a friend and the gameplay is alot of fun, visuals were good, but the story was definitely not noteworthy. The fact that the G4 fans gave best Voice acting to that cole train guy instead of Gaia from GoW2 still ranks in my most disillusioning moments.

Torillian said:
I'm kinda surprised anyone cares about the GeoW storyline. I played through the first with a friend and the gameplay is alot of fun, visuals were good, but the story was definitely not noteworthy. The fact that the G4 fans gave best Voice acting to that cole train guy instead of Gaia from GoW2 still ranks in my most disillusioning moments.

We don't care about GeoW1's story, which most definitely sucks.  We care about GeoW2's story because CliffyB promised that the story would be a lot better this time.  He even hired a novelist/comic book writer to help add more drama

DTG said:
selnor said:
Videogirl said:

Well, have I walked into the wrong room? I thought we were talking about games, not movies or literature????????

selnor said:
DTG said:
selnor said:
Videogirl said:

Well, have I walked into the wrong room? I thought we were talking about games, not movies or literature????????

If a game chooses to have a narrative and dialgue, and if the developers choose to say 'it will be good' then that aspect of the game is up for critique just as much as gameplay, graphics, etc.

So you aren't in the wrong room - and as I said while the video does imply GeOW2 ain't Shakespear, I'll hold off full judgement until I seee some reviews and get a chance to play it on my mates 360...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
selnor said:
DTG said:
selnor said:
Videogirl said:

If a game chooses to have a narrative and dialgue, and if the developers choose to say 'it will be good' then that aspect of the game is up for critique just as much as gameplay, graphics, etc.

So you aren't in the wrong room - and as I said while the video does imply GeOW2 ain't Shakespear, I'll hold off full judgement until I seee some reviews and get a chance to play it on my mates 360...

I think you missed the point I was making. He referred to Half Life and Bioshock being ok in terms of story compared to movies and literature. Movies and literature are not being discussed. So hence my comment.