By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis Impressions

i have finished it today, great game go for it !

need some power ? nintendo power !

Around the Network

To people who have played this, how long is the game? I'm an edge away from buying it, and if it is 20 hours + or has some great replay value, I'm buying it.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the beatiful mini-reviews.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

10 hours for the main run, but if you want to unlock everything 20h

need some power ? nintendo power !

I don't know how you could die in the driving part, seriously.

I tried it two times (power got cut off) and i passed it easily both times o.O

And yeah, the game is quite good (great IMO).

@Oyvoyvoyv

I read somewhere that it's about 10 hours on normal.

Edit: Oops i was late ^_^

.:Dark Prince:. said:

I don't know how you could die in the driving part, seriously.

For me, the final driving scene was a serious pain in the ass.

here_wii_go said:

10 hours for the main run

Agreed. It took me 10:45 to get through the game on Normal difficulty.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Around the Network

@KylieDog

in that particular driving part you have to hit the small gap in the collapsing building just off right center at full speed... i got lucky the first time so i got through by accident. i re- did that run a few times since that and hit that spot again and again... made it through all the time ;)

p.s. my first playthrough was around 10hrs /12 hrs second playthrough due to the staminas collecting campaign..about 24 hrs in total so far but im pretty much done with it.

visuals; 8/10 cut sceans are great some other effects like fire are not

sound; 7/10 the main theme is a goody but nothing much more, weapon sounds are a bit meh, the voice acting is very good

gameplay;7.5 nothing ive' never experienced before but generally very enjoyable, lacks balance in certain areas like weaponry,the upgrading is a good idea on paper but they should have done a lot more with it..a lot of the weapons are samey and useless..far too many in my opinion..i like the idea of saving people, in fact i wish there was more to it

overall: 8/10 very good game just not fantastic. check it out if you like cinema style games

btw...has anyone managed to destroy that asteroid yet? i unloaded a fully upgraded gutling gun and rocket launcher on that thing and still can't destroy it!

SPOILERS DUDE

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The fact that tracking down UK stores stocking Disaster: Day of Crisis is - to say the least – difficult, speaks volumes for the market Wii is now aimed towards, and with the US still not even having received a release date, despite Nintendo’s assurances, things don’t seem to be any brighter for the Wii-owning Hardcore Gamer in the near-future.

86% review

So is this correct? Is it difficult to find a copy in the UK?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Finished the game yesterday and I liked it a lot. The story is good and
the mood in the game is great. Lots of variation in the gameplay is a plus
also.

I´m giving the game 8.5 score (enjoyed this game more then the Blob)

I've bought the game now. It should be here within wednesday. Hopefully it's as good as you claim 

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS