By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster: Day of Crisis Impressions

Can you give comparisons regarding the difficulty? I think I'm perhaps less skilled than most core gamers. I found NMH a bit too easy on Sweet, but I think I found RE4 too hard on normal... I'd say Galaxy is my ideal difficulty level.

Around the Network

Hoffmole,

I play all games the first time through on their easiest difficulty setting. I found Disaster much easier than both NMH and RE4. NMH (on Sweet), for example, had some challenging early boss fights; both the girl in the abandoned school and the woman on the beach, I recall, were quite difficult for me. Disaster (on Normal) has nothing close to that level of challenge. Well, I should say that I found some of the driving sequences frustrating.

I hope this gives you some idea of the difficulty to expect. For most gamers, I would recommend not wasting your time with Disaster's Normal setting.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

KylieDog said:
As I said in OP I played it on hard.

Ahh, sorry, missed that.

The first two or three levels aren't that great, as i've got further into the game though they get much better.

It gets quite epic with all the disasters you face.

I agree on both points.

I might even go as far to say a must own game for Wii owners.

I hesitate to go quite that far. Although I personally feel that the game ends up being greater than the sum of its parts, I think that some will feel the game suffers too much as a mishmash of gameplay styles, each of which is implemented somewhat less than perfectly. I would say, without a doubt, that it is at least a must-rent.

On a moderately unrelated note, I ended up comparing (perhaps unfairly) Disaster to Fatal Frame IV, simply because the two were released relatively close to each other and I played them back to back. In my opinion, FF excels in every area that Disaster stumbles: production values, story, consistent gameplay. I can easily recommend FFIV, without hesitation.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Just bought it, and I'm really excited to try it out! Can't quite yet though, got some stuff I need to fix, but later tonight I'm definitely starting it up! Can't wait :D

i they can make an AA action game for wii id love so see what they can do with an RPG for wii

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Is there an unlockable difficulty after finishing the game on hard?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

How are the graphics?

ramuji said:
KylieDog said:
As I said in OP I played it on hard.

Ahh, sorry, missed that.

The first two or three levels aren't that great, as i've got further into the game though they get much better.

It gets quite epic with all the disasters you face.

I agree on both points.

I might even go as far to say a must own game for Wii owners.

I hesitate to go quite that far. Although I personally feel that the game ends up being greater than the sum of its parts, I think that some will feel the game suffers too much as a mishmash of gameplay styles, each of which is implemented somewhat less than perfectly. I would say, without a doubt, that it is at least a must-rent.

On a moderately unrelated note, I ended up comparing (perhaps unfairly) Disaster to Fatal Frame IV, simply because the two were released relatively close to each other and I played them back to back. In my opinion, FF excels in every area that Disaster stumbles: production values, story, consistent gameplay. I can easily recommend FFIV, without hesitation.

Sure, go ahead. Compare this game to that other game which looks awesome but has no NA release date. Rub it in. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Only just got de Blob, but this is on my "maybe" list for next game. Thanks for info on difficulty, I'll play it on hard if I do get it!

Bobbuffalo said:
It seems the exact oposite of Alone in the dark

Enough reason to buy it!

I assume you mean the Wii version of Alone in the Dark since you were talking about it a few days ago.

Ironically these impressions make Disaster sound a LOT like the 360 version of Alone of the Dark. Numerous well done scripted sequences. Various alternating gameplay elements and control nuances with varying success. Annoying flaws regarding context specific actions or events. Fast-paced TV action vibe.

I actually loved the 360 version of Alone in the Dark, despite it's (many) flaws, so I'll be stoked if this ever gets a North America release.