By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If GTA was made by Nintendo......

tabsina said:
Munkeh111 said:
It would not really work, and it would not fit with their main first party range of games. I am certain they would not be able to pull it off. GTA is the violence, the crime and most importantly the humour (quite a lot of it adult humour) and aside from Nintendo's lack of experience making games like this, there would be so much outrage about it. Look what is happening with Mad World, and then imagine when the name GTA is connected

i agree with every thing, except i found this funny, could you give an example of "adult" humour (not humour that causes an M on the cover, but humour meant only for adults to understand)

Well there is the underlying sattire that most kids will not see, but what I was focusing on was how there is swearing about every 10 seconds, and most of the homour is through launguage which would not be appropriate for children. I cannot remember exact examples as I have not played it for ages

Around the Network

"If GTA was made by Nintendo..."

...Pigs would fly!

^ But honestly though, GTA is 'so' the opposite of what Nintendo are about ... however...

if they ever DID make a GTA-like game... I'm positive it would be incredible.

If ANY dev could do a better job than GTA's creators ... Nintendo would have to be one of them ... skill and quality wise!

Nintendo would never aquire the license to GTA. If somehow they did, they wouldn't change the subject matter at all because it would be pointless to do so. Why spend millions of dollars to aquire the property if you're going to just change it to something different that fans of the series aren't going to like anyway and because of it, they don't buy the game.

I could see them changing little things or even altering to some extent how you play the gamebut definitely not the subject matter. They would maybe also offer little secrets in the game and plenty on Nintendo themed easter eggs would be incredible.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Y'know, subject-matter aside...

Pilotwings 64 isn't/wasn't a million miles away from what GTA became ... obviously it wasn't anywhere near as free-roaming, and all vehicles were aero-naughtically (is that a word?) themed, but I can still see some correlation between the titles...

The different vehicles and set tasks etc...

Perhaps Ninty could incorporate some GTA sandbox elements in the next PilotWings game (on Wii)

Guys I love that you say no game will be better than GTAIV in the same genre, but well, you know, Yakuza 3's gonna destroy it, and it comes from japan

Around the Network

Nintendo would roll out sequels just like Rockstar. I doubt much would change and I doubt I would be enticed to resume buying them.

Well, they're allowing GTA on the DS, so I assume that they may someday allow it on the Wii as well, if they could get the controls to work.

@axumblade: I was talking in term of quality

lol GTAIV sold well the first month now ALOT of games sold more then it, even the "kiddy" nintendo games like mario kart and non games like wii fit are outselling it. And i don't get why everyone thinks nintendo won't put violence of swearing on their system, play killer 7, no more heros, manhunt 2, conkers bad fur day, RE4, Disaster day of crisis, true crime, the list goes on for m rated violent swear filled games on nintendo systems, this is just a few i can remeber off the top of my head that i own, also M rated games are not any better for being M rated...

sparkit34 said:

So please finish the following line, if GTA was made by Nintendo, .....

... it would be strikingly similar to Simpsons Hit and Run.