By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Wii Music was not made by Nintendo, would it sell?

Just honestly, assuming the exact same game had been produced by for example Midway, and was being marketed for sale today, do you honestly think this game would sell? Is this Nintendo's new innovation or is this riding on Nintendo's innovative reputation?

Honestly, i think if this game was made by for example midway (ignoring the fact that it probably would be of the same standard or marketing power) then

a) this would be getting as much attention as Battle of the Bands

b) The game would struggle to sell 400,000 copies.

Don't get me wrong, i am starting to understand the concept of this game, and to see what the appeal might be for some people, but i think that if this was not made by Nintendo, this game would by no means stand out in the Wii library. 

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

Fact is, the exact same game would not have been produced by anyone else.

Had Midway been the producer of Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and Nintendo packed that midway game into their Wii console.... then Midway made Wii Music exactly as it is, then yes, it would sell just as well.

Otherwise no, it's a pointless question.

To the OP

NO

For long answer; if any 3rd party make this game it will be regard as shovelware especially with the shitty quality 3rd parties made so far on the Wii, if Namco develop it its OK

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

It would have no chance of selling as well. It would sell about as well as something like Dance Dance Revolution.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
It would have no chance of selling as well. It would sell about as well as something like Dance Dance Revolution.

Interesting game choice.

Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party  Sales:  660k

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix  Sales: 340k

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

um.. if it was the exact same game.. and was called "Wii Music", and received the exact same amount of advertisements (bar saying "Nintendo" in the ad).. then yes, it would have sold almost as much.. i think about 60-80% of the future wii music owners would not even know if it was developed by nintendo, or if they did, it wouldn't mean all that much to them since it still plays on their nintendo wii regardless

The only difference would be the amount of forgiveness and second chances gamers give the game... if it was made by someone else and shown the same way as it was in E3, no one would have cared, and no one would have remembered it even if those JC videos were to come out later

However, again, the main demographic for this game is not the same as the people who would have a clue whether it was nintendo publishing it or else

Nope. When Nintendo released the DS people laughed. Except Nintendo had enough of name to push it. When Nintendo named and released info on the Wii. People laughed, but were more cautios about it's existence. When Nintendo announced WiiFit, people were unsure of the direction. People now expect Nintendo to do something different.

Nintendo has placed themselves as being allowed to experiment and given a chance. Regardless of the hardcore opinion.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

If it was Ubisoft then woohaa you would see again a lot of Boycott Ubisoft threads;...   Anyway it would still sell depends on the ads.

Carnival Games has sold 2.2 milion.. o_0 ...so Carnival Music could have sell easily a million.. don't think people really care if it's a Nintendo game.. of course it helps when there is Wii in the name.. but honestly I still think it would be a succes without it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Would Grand Theft Auto sell as much if it was made by Nintendo?

Give me a good answer to that, because it's just as pointless as the title question.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS