By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How high can Gears of War 2 go in it's first month NPD? Can it top Halo 3?

I expect 3 million the first month

Around the Network

it will sell as good as the first one.

but generally the second series to hit the same console generally sell less than the first installment

FFX--> FFX2 --> FF12

KH --> KH2

GT3 --> GT4

@Jo21 In general that is true however...FFX2 sucked compared to FFX, both KH games were solid to me and is a good example of how 2nd series tend to sell less. GT3 to 4 makes a lot of sense as to why sales wouldn't be as big. GT3 was more arcade style and attracted a larger crowd, GT4 actually employed a small amount of physics and understeer and is closest to a simulation the series has ever gone.

However the Halo series got bigger according the VG data, we can see Halo actually grew in sales. I wonder if the same could happen with Gears.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

personally i think gears 2 will be bigger than halo 3

expect 3 - 4 millions the first month sale

Jo21 said:
it will sell as good as the first one.

but generally the second series to hit the same console generally sell less than the first installment

FFX--> FFX2 --> FF12

KH --> KH2

GT3 --> GT4

That

That just isn't true for shooters

Did you ever hear of Halo 2?

Around the Network

no, it won't top Halo 3, you'll see

It will do well first month but unlikely to surpass Halo 3, due to H3 appealing to a wider target audience. Gears of War 2 targets the hardcore/casual shooter fan base which is a much more violent game than Halo 3.

^Kids still play Halo, and kids I'm sure love Gears. Who here as a teen didn't appreciate violence, blood, and destruction? I know I sure as hell did, Ichi the Killer was my favorite movie, Clockwork is still one of my favorite movies. Most 360 owners are around 20-30 years old according to polls and I'm sure GTA is a prime example of kids love violence, and so do we. Let there be blood!

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-