By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One of the heroes in FF XIII is named... Snow. I am not making that up.

http://kotaku.com/5066847/newish-final-fantasy-xiii-images

Time for more blurry Final Fantasy XIII scans and pics. These are images that appeared in Square Enix's dazzling Tokyo Game Show 2008 trailer. The last issue of Weekly Shonen Jump tells us that the bandana-wearing blonde dude is named "Snow." Really wish there higher quality images. The TGS trailer looked great.

Okay, I've played almost all the min FF games (not XI, since I'm not into subscription MMOs), but what the hell? I could take Cloud, and Squall as names, but this is just going too far. If there's a Japanese word for snow, why can't they just call him that, and not tell us what it means?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Not Mr. 33cm?! Awww man...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

You're late to the party - I know that for.. a week now :)

Btw, that's a horrible name. Lol.

Xen said:

Well it just got mentioned on the blogs, so that's when I first caught it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Xen said:

sure is lol.

so it's official, Snow is worse than Cloud?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

How is Cloud bad?

I bet they called him Snow because of his bike, being Shiva, the Ice Spirit.

It doesn't seem to fit him very well.. He looks badass... They could have called him Blizzard, Tempest, Ice... Or even Avalanche (FF7 group, I know), even that would be better.

So he's a gutless wuss at heart?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
So he's a gutless wuss at heart?

Hehe, reminds me of a certain character in Tales of Vesperia. He could be quite fun to see! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

He might be renamed in the American version. Ice would've been so much better.

But now that I think about it Snow isn't that half bad of name. Just think of some rugged men talking to one of their buddies and you'll see what I mean. "Hey........hey Snow, git yer ass down here!"

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*