By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sorcery Blade (the WiiWare RPG) - trailer

Well the gameplay doesn't look in no way bland. It seems to apply motion gestures, and buttons to your attacks, which could mean many combination's used in attacks. So far I haven't seen any rpg utilize motion controls, so I'm pretty excited. As for the visuals and characters, off course they look bland considering it is a Wiiware game limited to 4(X)MBs. Its not like its a retail game, so I don't see how only the 'most hardcore wii rpg fans' would consider this. Also at this statement "No reason to look forward this when they are better and more interesting JRPGs out there." Please tell me some of these downloadable RPGs on Wiiware that are better? You shouldn't compare it to retail games.

Edit: Also considering that the setting is Mars, which I never heard of as a setting in any Jrpg, and it takes place 1000 years from now, if they don't have too many cliches and have good character developement then the Story isn't bland either. Actually much less so than countless releasing rpgs which are basically the same stories with different characters.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Xen said:
Riachu said:
Meh, game looks dull and generic to me

Yup.

Only the real hardcore Wii owning RPG fans would be excited by this game(e.g., Soriku).  To me, it just doesn't look like anything special.  My expectations are so low that I have practically no expectations.  No reason to look forward this when they are better and more interesting JRPGs out there.

Also, I don't think they can do a good Wii RPG with a 40mb limit. On the DS, easily, because the DS doesn't feature complex graphics, and thus size is not a problem, but I'm sure their ideas would manifest themselves better on a regular, disc based Wii game.

This looks like a good idea hindered by lax execution.