By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - No-God slogans on busses.

ManusJustus said:
appolose said:

But some conservatives think that things would be better in the long run without such programs.  And since they're correct, it's conservatives that do the most good :)

No, conservatives are wrong.  Funding job training and edcuation for a poor person is much better than a monetary handout and an invitation to worship a mythical being.

Ah, but he's a true mythical being; what edcuation could top that?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
halogamer1989 said:
I am not a g-damned Commi. I am a free market Republican and don't criticize me again.

So your free market ideology and your Republican ideology are at war with each other?

Atheism was around for millennia before communism.

Why can't atheists purchase advertisements like religious people can, YOU NAZI!  :)

No my religious beliefs interfere with it.  I believe if they wanted to advertise an atheism club or something they could do so with a less controversial banner.  and @ rubang-- SIGHIEL!!   lol

I not American but surely your religious beliefs shouldn't be allowed to colour your interpretation of the constitutional right to free speech, which surely this would come under.

The world has a whole mess of atheists and speaking personally, having religion constantly thrust upon me is no less offensive than this bus sign is to you.

hsrob said:
halogamer1989 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
halogamer1989 said:
I am not a g-damned Commi. I am a free market Republican and don't criticize me again.

So your free market ideology and your Republican ideology are at war with each other?

Atheism was around for millennia before communism.

Why can't atheists purchase advertisements like religious people can, YOU NAZI!  :)

No my religious beliefs interfere with it.  I believe if they wanted to advertise an atheism club or something they could do so with a less controversial banner.  and @ rubang-- SIGHIEL!!   lol

I not American but surely your religious beliefs shouldn't be allowed to colour your interpretation of the constitutional right to free speech, which surely this would come under.

The world has a whole mess of atheists and speaking personally, having religion constantly thrust upon me is no less offensive than this bus sign is to you.

Ah but you see that sign is not on American soil--It is on a British double-decker ;)

^I realise that but you are arguing that it offends your religious beliefs which then begs the question what would happen if it were on American soil.

I'm sure that christians and atheists both want to better the world.
The study shows that religious people do more in this world financially and time spent.

maybe the liberals want more government funded programs and that's ok with me, but study also shows that more money that is given to the poor through Christian organization is actually given to the poor. Feed the Children, Salvation Army, Compassion international. I give to Compassion and i believe 90% of the money is given to the poor.
Either you are an atheist or not, that's pretty good.

Around the Network

Well said coca.

ManusJustus said:
Coca-Cola said:
Kasz216 said:

What study was that?

There is no doubt that religious people do more to better the world.

I havent looked the topic up, so thanks for the info. 

Do those statistics include liberals wanting to pay more taxes and support more aid programs?  I dont believe generousity indexes include such things.  Who helps a poor person out more, a Christian who gives them $50 and tries to get them to go to church, or someone who pushes for more taxes to pay for financial aid and job training programs for the poor?  I know from first hand experience that conservative Republicans are trying to shut down a local senior job training facility that teaches low income seniors how to use computers, while liberals are fighting for more tax money to support the program. 

Perhaps its a difference in method, but there is no doubt that Liberals do a lot more good than conservatives. 

And thats not to mention that, socially and economically speaking, that most conservatives have a economic self-benefit to give to charity because they believe they are doing so in exchange for goods in the afterlife.  When an ahtiest donates, they know there is no afterlife benefit, they are just helping others.  Is it really that generous to give to charity if you think you'll get a mansion in Heaven and eternal salvation for it?

No. Conservatives don't like programs like that, because tax money would fund it. 

You're wrong there, too. The Bible says pretty clearly that works will not get you into Heaven. So, if anyone truly thinks that giving to a charity and other good works will get them into Heaven, they need to read the Book more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

You're wrong there, too. The Bible says pretty clearly that works will not get you into Heaven. So, if anyone truly thinks that giving to a charity and other good works will get them into Heaven, they need to read the Book more.

Ah, the irony.  The athiest whose knows Christianity.

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

-Matthew 6:5

All that believed were together, and had all things in common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

Acts 2:44

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.  And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.  Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

- Acts 4:32

Manus-- This is true.

ManusJustus said:
outlawauron said:

Ah, the irony.  The athiest whose knows Christianity.

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

-Matthew 6:5

All that believed were together, and had all things in common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

Acts 2:44

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.  And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.  Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

- Acts 4:32

Wait, what do the last 2 passages have to do with them being rewarded for what they did?  And the first passage is indicating only a reward for not making a show of praying, not giving.  Now, I know there are verses that do say you'll be rewarded, but it ain't these passages.  Also, the Bible's pretty clear that rewards are not why good deeds should be done, but out of love (If you're not doing it out of love, you're not really a Christian).  Finally, it isn't by good works salvation is given (Go ahead, quote those James passages).

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz