By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I made a bet, and I need some support on this one...

Ok, here it goes:

Me and my friend went to a close-by EB games to both pick up our copies of Fable 2.

Anyways, while we we're waiting, we we're looking at posters/billboards of 2 games: Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead.

Under the Fallout 3 one, it showed certian E3 and GDC awards, and I was like "Yeah, this could/would probably be one of the games of the year 2008."

And the jackass of a friend I have (jokes, he's cool) said "Hell no, Little Big Planet would get so much better reviews, check out that innovation" (I paraphrased that)

He later said I'll bet you $10 Little Big Planet would get higher reviews that F3, I took him on that bet with a somewhat confident attitude. Oh, and we're using Metacritic to find the final score. Now that was settled, We turned over to a poster of Left 4 Dead.

I was later like "this game is going to be sick!"

He said, and I quote "No way, overhyped, it's the next Too Human" I died laughing! He didn't even know who was behind it!

He later said, "The reviews are going to be so crap, less than 70's"

I put him up on the bet that L4D will get 85% or higher on metacritic, and $10 was on the line. He took that bet thinking he's an all-knowing master of somesort. And after we shaked hands, I told him Valve had some part in the development and that he should expect top-notch quality. He still believes that this game would get 84% or lower.

So, with these 2 bets going on with the same friend, how many of them do you think I'd win or lose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

you lost the first one, but you can still have hopes fro L4D. Break even, niceeee.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

You will win both.

loose first win second

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

aavidbacon said:
you lost the first one, but you can still have hopes fro L4D. Break even, niceeee.

What I was going to say...

Around the Network

sry other way round

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

aavidbacon said:

This.

Lawl,
As long as I break even, it's all good.
I already won $20 off of him. The bet was that Gears sold more than Uncharted. I said Gears and he said Uncharted (Yeah, he's out of it)
Little does he know that I visit this site almost everyday.
I proved him wrong, showed him this site, and now it's under his bookmarks HA!
Now that's called word of mouth!

dawve24 said:
You will win both.

That's right, I honostly think I'd win both.

That's why I want to see what vgChartz has to say about this.

I'd like to know if/how everyone would agree/disagree on these bets.

Fallout 3 would have to be the second coming to beat LBP in reviews.

You should be fine with the Left 4 Dead bet though.

Break even.