By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RES 2 beta keys... IGN.com (EU only) 7000 of 'em.. got mine!! go get em

@kowenicki - I don't know if you have been in betas before, but they are not designed to be demos. IG has designed this beta to test server load, their party system, and matchmaking. The problem with these preorder/Qore betas is you have people that don't understand that it is not a demo and they make judgements about the final game. The final product could look similar to this or it could look more like the single player. You are correct in stating the graphics in the beta do not raise the bar, but you are incorrect in assuming that these are final build graphics.

Even if the graphics in R2 end up being slightly above average, this game will be the best value this year. The single player is 10 - 12 hours, coop is 35 hours per classe (100 + hours) and the competitive multiplayer will easily entertain for 150 + hours. I would gladly buy a game with average graphics that provides this much entertainment.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
dbot said:
@kowenicki - I don't know if you have been in betas before, but they are not designed to be demos. IG has designed this beta to test server load, their party system, and matchmaking. The problem with these preorder/Qore betas is you have people that don't understand that it is not a demo and they make judgements about the final game. The final product could look similar to this or it could look more like the single player. You are correct in stating the graphics in the beta do not raise the bar, but you are incorrect in assuming that these are final build graphics.

Even if the graphics in R2 end up being slightly above average, this game will be the best value this year. The single player is 10 - 12 hours, coop is 35 hours per classe (100 + hours) and the competitive multiplayer will easily entertain for 150 + hours. I would gladly buy a game with average graphics that provides this much entertainment.

How do you know?  I might not be.

On your second point.. so would I.  But thats not what I was asked.  And it certainly may not be what a lot of posters on this site have been anticipating.... i.e. a glorious, raising the bar, jaw-dropping, hi-def masterpiece.

They very well could be final build graphics, but you can't make that judgement off of the beta.  Nobody knows what level of polish the final build will have.  My point is you can only make judgements about the quality of the beta.

Regarding your second response, this attitude is why people thought you were trolling with your initial comments.  If you play the final build and the graphics are not to the level you expect then you can seek out these people that have made comments about the game and let them know they were wrong.  For any game that you are lucky enough to get a beta key for you should enjoy it for what it is.  We can all discuss how great or how poor the graphics are next month. 

@kowenicki - I wasn't accusing you of trolling, but it seemed as if you were about to get kicked from the thread. I think your original impressions were accurate. I just think you should keep those impressions to the beta. You can't make judgements about the final game yet.

Have you continued to play the competitive or cooperative campaign? If you give it a chance, I think you will enjoy the gameplay.

I want a beta code! Dammit!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
I want a beta code! Dammit!

U and me both.

Around the Network

I have it downloaded, but I am quite a long way from my PS3.... and i wont be able to play until next week