By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War final boss trouble

I'm really stuck on General Raam. I have followed IGN and gamespot's advice and so tried to break his shield with my torque bow, and then hit him with the sniper. However, I just cant kill him, my difficulty comes in moving down the train when he gets close, I am normally killed by him or the kryll.

How long does it take to kill him normally?

Also, would you reccomend using other weapons?

Thanks for any help

Around the Network

On what difficulty?

anyway wait with moving from the one end to the other untill he comes very close

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hardcore, I do wait until he gets close, but I seem to always get killed.....

Where should I move once he gets close to my position at the other end

My strategy is to wait right until he gets up close to you, Torquebow him to get rid of the Kryll, then book it to the other side of the train. Head up the stairs to the raised platform, and there'll be a turret--that's what I always use to kill him. Just make sure you get off when necessary to light up the Kryll again.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

RAAM can be a b*tch on the harder difficultys, Just get a buddy to co-op with you, One to take away the kryll with the torque bow and the other player to have the sniper rifle to blast his head when the kryll disperse, Tactics wise it really can be pot luck at times...............

The problem is that the A.I. controlled partner never comes to your aid

It can take plenty of tries (And following the guides never seem to help either) At least when he does kill you it starts you back just before the fight with him

But if your going it alone i would say take the lancer and sniper rifle and when he's close to you dont pop your head up, Just rip in to his body with blind fire.................... and to get rid of the kryll you can throw grenades & take a pop at his head with the sniper rifle

Around the Network

I'll try and convince my brother to play, and even though he is rubbish, he will probably do a better job than Dom.

I've looked on you tube and there are several showing a glitch which looks like they could lead to an easy victory, so I may have to resort to those....

@ the kitchen sink, I thought you could not use that turret because it is in the darkness, so do you just have to jump off when the kryll detach?

It's been a while, but:

- Torque bow (or grenade but torque bow is infinitely superior and longer range) disperses the krylll

- Sniper rifle to the head.

Rinse and repeat. If he gets too close, roll away from him to the other side, and continue.

Definitely better doing it co-op, but if you're doing singleplayer, don't waste your time upping Dom.

Munkeh111 said:
I'll try and convince my brother to play, and even though he is rubbish, he will probably do a better job than Dom.

I've looked on you tube and there are several showing a glitch which looks like they could lead to an easy victory, so I may have to resort to those....

@ the kitchen sink, I thought you could not use that turret because it is in the darkness, so do you just have to jump off when the kryll detach?

The glitch where he gets stuck behind the pillar really is random , I honestly wouldn't rely on it, Blind fire him when he's close and blind throw the grenades, He will fall eventually

The trick is to change weapons as soon as you fire, so when you change back you can get an active reload and do more damage.
I tried for ages to beat him, and then he died before he even made it to my start position.

@Munkeh111: If you want I can play it with you now and defeat him in Co-op would you like that?