By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console for RPG's

@trestres
yes

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

@16-bit gamer: Well, you could believe them, but that doesn't mean that's the truth. Anyone who believes that A Link to the Past is a roleplaying game, never played the game and deserves a permaban. :P

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@trestres

what is the exact defination of a Role Playing Game?

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

@16-bit gamer: I don't know the exact definition, but I can tell which game is or isn't one. ALttP doesn't revolve around customizing your characters, learning skills, leveling up, making a party, fighting in turns. Zelda is just an Action-Adventure game, and the best of it's kind.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

alright

Around the Network

PS2 had the best

though ps1 had FF7.

I'm going to go with PS2. Haven't been a gamer long enough to know 8-bit games fro 1980s

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Snes and PS1 are about equal.

Real close between SNES (CT and FFVI along with Super Mario RPG) versus PS1 (Final Fantasy 7, Suikoden 1 and 2, Xenogears etc.)

PS2 has tons of RPGS but outside of SMT: Nocturne, Persona 4 they don't have as much uber quality titles. Suikoden V was great but still no where close to the first two.

It's just that simple.

PS1