By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst:360 price cut hasn't affected PlayStation 3 hardware sales

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20718

Around the Network

it didnt affect the ps3 at all.

Well, the 360 only outsold the PS3 in NA in September by......130,000 units? That's not very good considering it's reached the $200 price point. The PS3 will do fiine in NA for the rest of this year. I don't think the 360 will destroy it, but it will continue to outsell it, with the PS3 just edging it out worldwide.

exactly.....nothing to shout from rooftops about for Xbox 360 System....

as the Sony PlayStation 3, Interactive multi-media 4-D true next generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System wasn't affected one bit....sales are still steady & now the only way is up!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^^god forbid ,,,,a not so good news for 360 and kowenicki is upset yet again

Around the Network

@kownicki

no its just shown PS3 lost no customers compared toa previous month due to the price cut.

The analyst isn't really coming up with a stupid conclusion & its a fair point.

a stupid conclusions would be...."The xbox 360 price drop led to wii sales rising"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

To be fair, the PS3 price cut last November didn't hurt the X360 either.

It seems that both systems exist (for now) in a vacuum to which marketing decisions only effect their own console - MGS4 didn't hurt X360. Halo 3 didn't hurt PS3. Wii Fit hurt neither.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I think the PS3 would be on the rising edge of a curve right now, if it weren't for the 360 pricecut. This article is just Plain Wrong (tm).

I think it was affected but not a major impact.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

This conclusion is pure silliness. I cannot postulate how many of the respective 360 owners would have purchased a PS3 in lieu of a 360, but there must have been some.