By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Arrrgggh!!! LBP OUT IN UK EU AU AND NZ EVEN LATER!!!

a botched launch of perhaps sony's best game of the holiday...i swear sony wants to come in last this gen.

Around the Network

That sucks hope you all can get LBP.

Munkeh111 said:
I think the issue is that distribution in Europe is more complicated than in the US because of its larger size and there might be border issues (?). Anyway I am very annoyed, but I really hope that some places might release it earlier

In regards to the boader issues: the point of the EU is freedom of trade and movement. So I doubt that's an issue, not a 100%, though.

7th of November for me!

I blame Nintendo for this!

Tease.

I'd guess that big stores that already received unpatched copies and an official release date, and maybe already paid and printed flyers with all their store's offers for the originally planned launch period, won't throw everything away, deceive customers eagerly awaiting and possibly lose them just to please Sony's outburst of political correctness, but they'll stick with the original release date and let Sony handle the issue and all the losses involved on its own after sale. So maybe, once the first copies shipped will be sold out, they'll need to wait the 2nd release date, but I don't expect them to send the copies already received back to Sony. There aren't dangerous flaws and customers safety involved, so maybe wholesalers will obey, not retailers. This explains why actually it's already available somewhere.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

This game is becoming Home, I swear.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Time to pick up those pitchforks and raise the tourches.

I'm actually guessing the repriting a couple million disks will take some time, Europe probably gets shafted due to the compilcations with shipping games to over a dozen different countries.

i blame religion :(

i am getting a week after release due shipping.