By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Level-5 be the next Square-Enix?

xeroxm3 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Atlus and Nippon Ichi became the new Square Enixs last generation. Can Level-5 become the new Atlus or Nippon Ichi? Maybe.

Phantom Brave FTW!

How is Phantom Brave btw?  It's funny cuz when I was packing items to move, I found out I had owned the game.  APparently I had bought it last year and put it away somewhere, only to find it recently.  Still haven't played it though and was contemplating doing so inbetween things.  In comparison to La Pucelle and Disgaea, how does it do?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Watch it now.

Don't want to be accused of liking Level-5 since FFXIII went multi-plat, by a certain forum contributor.

People are mad at S-E because FFXIII went multiplatform...LOL.  I wouldn't count on Level 5 knocking S-E off the leading developer seat anytime soon.

Noy yet, they have to establish a huge franchise to maybe rival FF.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
Noy yet, they have to establish a huge franchise to maybe rival FF.

They tried to do that with Rogue Galaxy.  Maybe they will succeed this time with WKC.

No. They are talented, but most of their original projects suck. Dark Cloud was awful, Jeanne d`Arc was the worst SRPG I have played. I have not played Rogue Galaxy, but I didn`t hear good things about it either. Professor Layton was ok, not great. DQ 8 was amazing, but they didn`t "make" the game, more like they worked on it.
They will continue to improve, but don`t expect them to be the next big name for JRPGs in the near future.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Wow. Didn't we just have this thread like a week ago?

No matter how many times you make this thread it's not going to happen.

Marvelous is already the next Square Enix.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
No matter how many times you make this thread it's not going to happen.

Marvelous is already the next Square Enix.

Lol. Not even close.

They don't have to be "close." They already are.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
They don't have to be "close." They already are.

Are they making games or just publishing?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.