By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

@masterbr8tr

what vg score??

do you mean the 5/6 you just posted??

anyways adding that one now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
NNN2004 said:
prepare for sony fans attack now.

why? the game has very good scores.

yah but some sites give it a bad score also ..... 7.8 .. man its really bad for a AAA game.

this

http://www1.vg.no/spill/artikkel.php?artid=521090

I don't think that metacritic takes into account all reviews. They only go for those they understand (meaning English).

I have never seen a french / dutch / spanish / whatever review of a game appear on metacritic...

NNN2004 said:
masterb8tr said:
NNN2004 said:
prepare for sony fans attack now.

why? the game has very good scores.

yah but some sites give it a bad score also ..... 7.8 .. man its really bad for a AAA game.

nah there will always be idiots, some even gave haze a good score.

Around the Network

k adding that one in too

I think we can take out Gamedaily score
It had out of scale.

@masterbr8tr

what is the VG nett score....as I can't decipher anything on the page

5/6 its actually a very good score, its same score some magazines gave mgs4....

I'm REALLY interested in this game after reading the Eurogamer review - and I was entirely indifferent to this game after being severely underwhelmed by the first Fable.

Some quotes:

"Fable II explores what happens when a game does away with most forms of punishment, and does nothing but reward its players from start to finish. The results are astonishing."

"The biggest surprise is that the game's inherent generosity never feels gratuitous, even when it's overturning many games' most fundamental design principles."

"[T]he game's controversial pathfinding system really comes into its own when you realise you can ignore it as much as you want, and what was initially patronising becomes empowering."

"...Lionhead has largely delivered on its promises along the way..."

"Fable II's generous and forgiving template isn't one that many games choose to follow, but it proves convincingly that if you're clever enough, you can create a consistent challenge without resorting to mindless punishment, and you can craft a sharply told story that still has room for the player to express themselves within."

What I thought would be a fairly standard action-RPG (like the first Fable was) looks to be a revolution in role-playing game design, if the early reviews are any indication. This is now way high up on my "wanted games" list.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom