By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

^^'' What is going on with the Co op option of Fable 2?

Someone checked the Lionhead forums?  A lot of gamers are dissapointed and some are even very mad:

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/3143783.aspx

Hey guys, thanks for the quick fix for the online multi co op. you know just taking a dump and selling it as a cool feature is kinda lame. the co op sucks hard in this game. you cant be your own character. and you cant freaken see anything because of the crappy (and I mean super crappy) camera. 

So, thanks for all the waiting for this cool game with this awesome feature. i hate to tell you but it blows......I dont accept your patch. take it back and give us what you promised. not some cheap knock off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I think some of you should read this for sure because one of my MSN friends didn't knew it aswell and he is very pissed about it , just so you know it;

I wasn't going to post but I feel like I must.

Nowhere, NOWHERE, does it say that if I join someone else's game as a generic henchman that it was going to affect my main save game. The guy wanted to go kill everything and everyone in Bowerstone and I agreed, thinking that it wouldn't affect my main save game.

WRONG.

I went back into my main single player game and my guy was pure , the demon. I WASN'T PLAYING AS MY MAIN SAVE GAME. 

No where is it stated that if I join someone else's game (not bring someone into my world, but join someone else's) that my status would affect ANY of my save games.

I now have to start over because you morons couldn't get co-op right. I even feel like taking this game back because I've wasted my time with it.

Poor, very very poor job Lionhead.

WHY ARE THERE NO SAVE SLOTS IN THIS GAME? Why, why why why only 1 save slot. Stupid idea.

Flame away Lionhead lovers.

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/3145700.aspx

Around the Network

i expected a 10/10 from OXM.

Co-op sounds harsh, ouch.

Anyways, just traded in Orange Box ($9 value) and WarioWare ($12 value) to get Fable II dropped to $19.99. Gotta love those deals that work out nicely.

I pre-ordered LBP there just for the Kratos code (picking it up from Gamecrazy), so I cancelled that and had another $10 slashed off.

Picked up Fable II just now for the wonderful price of $11.01.

Now time to go play.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Anyways, just traded in Orange Box ($9 value) and WarioWare ($12 value) to get Fable II dropped to $19.99. Gotta love those deals that work out nicely.

I pre-ordered LBP there just for the Kratos code (picking it up from Gamecrazy), so I cancelled that and had another $10 slashed off.

Now time to go play.

Well just don't invite someone ^^'';

Have fun :).

deathgod33 said:
i expected a 10/10 from OXM.

Well, they gave it a 9.5. Is that bad?  It shows they are honest in their reviews... unlike nintendo power.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Euphoria14 said:

Now time to go play.

Well just don't invite someone ^^'';

Have fun :).

Mine didn't come with the48 hour Live Gold pass. Walmart had it! Cheap Gamestop.

No internet wire in my room anyways so I can't go online with the 360. I run wireless.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I assume the reason for the single save slot is because of the fact that choices have consequence.

What's the point of having a consequence if you can just massacre everyone and then reload a save file right before hand.

I haven't tried out the co-op yet but I've heard some of the complaints about the camera.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Fable II seems sweet, definately looks like one of the best RPG's this gen.

Btw, I wouldn't trust the Eurogamer review completely. They give the game a 10 AND they have Fable 2 plasted all over the front page.

Im not saying that the game doesn't deserve its score and other highly rated games did this as well *cough, GTA cough* Its just something to keep in mind.

Tease.

Oh man, I can't wait to get back home and play it some more. This game is jaw-droppingly beautiful. I'm lovin it. I like it better than the first one for sure!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself