By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

meh 14 isnt enough. You should rather use n4g with 4o reviwes.

the average is still 90 though.

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
meh 14 isnt enough. You should rather use n4g with 4o reviwes.

the average is still 90 though.

Currenly a triple AAA game were it shoul be waiting for my order from Amazon to come in

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Skeeuk said:
well its not turned out like it should have been.

ninja gaiden 2 - two human - fable 2 -

lets hope left for dead and gears of war 2 can salvage this year for 360 owners.

lol man like always all ur posts about the 360 is negative ..... can u be a bit friendly .. !

ZenfoldorVGI said:
NNN2004 said:

its not only gamespot there is others also like Gamedaily , OXM UK & Gamer.nl they all underrate the game like OXM did to Dead Space ... man even Dead Space overall score is better than Fable 2 one and that make me a little upset.

Which site are you looking at to see the overall review scores?

www.gamerankings.com

Fable 2 is still winning.

Still has Fable 2 over Dead Space.

Also, Fable 2 is slighly beating Dead Space at N4G also.

I think they are both great games, but I dunno where you got that as of right now, Fable 2 is getting beat in aggregate by Dead Space, because it's not.

Edit: Just checked metacritic, Fable 2 still winning there are well.

I am not trying to compare 2 great games, I'm just pointing out that since NNN2004 thought Fable 2 was losing to Dead Space in aggregate reviews, I would find out where he got that idea from? It certainly might end up beating it, but right now it's not.

i get it from gamespot but i think they miss some sites reviews.

NNN2004 said:
Skeeuk said:

lets hope left for dead and gears of war 2 can salvage this year for 360 owners.

lol man like always all ur posts about the 360 is negative ..... can u be a bit friendly .. !

I think there is no convincing some people (Skeeuk).  If he WANTS to see a failing somewhere, he'll find one, even with a game that on the low end is ranked in the top 12% of games for the 360.  Clearly, another great game on the 360 must mean that the box needs saving or this year is a waste.

Oh well, it just goes to show that owning every system, does not preclude a distinct bias towards any one system.

Around the Network

Cool, I need to play more of the first one on my room mate's Xbox. I played a little bit of it last year, but only got up to around the midpoint or so of the guild training.

TRios_Zen said:
NNN2004 said:
Skeeuk said:

I think there is no convincing some people (Skeeuk).  If he WANTS to see a failing somewhere, he'll find one, even with a game that on the low end is ranked in the top 12% of games for the 360.  Clearly, another great game on the 360 must mean that the box needs saving or this year is a waste.

Oh well, it just goes to show that owning every system, does not preclude a distinct bias towards any one system.

Skeeuk is fan thats all ..... & how he put Fable 2 & ninja gaiden 2 in the same level as Too Human ?!

NNN2004 said:
TRios_Zen said:
NNN2004 said:
Skeeuk said:

Skeeuk is fan thats all ..... & how he put Fable 2 & ninja gaiden 2 in the same level as Too Human ?!

Slavage the year for 360 owner are you really on something dude? Do you not get that there were a ton of other game out on 360 this year? BTW fable has great reviews and should sell great and your saying its a bad game? Why dont you go play wii or something?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

heruamon said:
Cueil said:
gebx said:
8.0 Presentation
The story is nothing special, but Albion is a believable world full of interesting people.
8.0 Graphics
The environments are impressive, and there’s a wide variety of looks for your character. The spells are visually potent.
8.5 Sound
Solid voice acting and a script packed with humor. The music takes some unexpected, but welcome, turns.
8.5 Gameplay
The combat system is a success and for the most part, the economic and morality systems work well, and the dog is a great addition. The co-op, though, is not up to par.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
The main quest is short, but there are numerous other distractions. If you invest yourself in Fable II, you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion. If not, you can truck through in under 10 hours.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I understand that the overall is not the average, but how does it get an 8.8 overall when it didn't score higher then 8.5 on any of the categories??

It's how the reviewer felt about the game as a whole of it's parts... a game is not always a sum of it's parts

Sry, but the score doesn't add up to me.  The IGN review looked rushed, imho.  The Gamespot says making money is too easy...wtf...story lacks depth...HUH? 

Well, if the original Fable is anything to go by, the story will certainly lack a lot of depth, in fact, if we go strictly by the first one, the story should be horrible. I wonder why some important WRPGs lack a good story, I'm not asking for a JRPG-quality story, but for example KotOR and Mass Effect have good stories (better KotOR than ME, though), seems like Molyneux doesn't know how to tell a good story

zexen_lowe said:
heruamon said:
Cueil said:
gebx said:
8.0 Presentation
The story is nothing special, but Albion is a believable world full of interesting people.
8.0 Graphics
The environments are impressive, and there’s a wide variety of looks for your character. The spells are visually potent.
8.5 Sound
Solid voice acting and a script packed with humor. The music takes some unexpected, but welcome, turns.
8.5 Gameplay
The combat system is a success and for the most part, the economic and morality systems work well, and the dog is a great addition. The co-op, though, is not up to par.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
The main quest is short, but there are numerous other distractions. If you invest yourself in Fable II, you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion. If not, you can truck through in under 10 hours.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I understand that the overall is not the average, but how does it get an 8.8 overall when it didn't score higher then 8.5 on any of the categories??

It's how the reviewer felt about the game as a whole of it's parts... a game is not always a sum of it's parts

Sry, but the score doesn't add up to me.  The IGN review looked rushed, imho.  The Gamespot says making money is too easy...wtf...story lacks depth...HUH? 

Well, if the original Fable is anything to go by, the story will certainly lack a lot of depth, in fact, if we go strictly by the first one, the story should be horrible. I wonder why some important WRPGs lack a good story, I'm not asking for a JRPG-quality story, but for example KotOR and Mass Effect have good stories (better KotOR than ME, though), seems like Molyneux doesn't know how to tell a good story

Where dose it say that the story lacks depth?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)