By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Fable 2 Review thread!

Cueil said:

Gamespot's review doesn't seem to match Arstech... in fact they seem to contridict eachother... I wonder if this is a diffrence of play style?

Funny you mention this, this part of the ars tech review is my favorite paragraph in any review in recent memory:

The ugly 

• Deciding to put off questing for that rare treasure you've been seeking for weeks on your one day off from real-life work because the townspeople want your blood for overcharging, your wife is pregnant with your third child and she wants more money and nice furniture for the family, your ex-wife is sleeping with the blacksmith at the store you own, and your first-born son is attacking the neighbor's chickens with the toy sword you gave him.

You liked that too didn't you, lol? The Ars Tech review was a surprisingly epic win.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I've been playing for about 2 hours...think I'm gonna put it down for the night tho.

Granted I haven't gotten far but I love the music, love the humor, combat is simple and fun. So far I am enjoying the game very much. I think this will occupy my time for quite a while.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jasonnc80 said:
I've been playing for about 2 hours...think I'm gonna put it down for the night tho.

Granted I haven't gotten far but I love the music, love the humor, combat is simple and fun. So far I am enjoying the game very much. I think this will occupy my time for quite a while.

Gamespot said it starts slow and seemingly shallow but really picks up soon. I haven't played it yet. Gettin it tomorrow.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
jasonnc80 said:

Gamespot said it starts slow and seemingly shallow but really picks up soon. I haven't played it yet. Gettin it tomorrow.

I actually thought it picked up pretty quick. NO SPOILERS.........but I did the childhood stage and completed the first adulthood quest in about an hour and a half.  The first game seemed to take longer to get going I think.

I chose the female route and have already had a few male NPC's trying to flirt with me :(

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Dead Space get better score than Fable 2 ? .......... man & some people say its an average game .... still fable scores are great but not what i hoped.

Around the Network

another AAA exclusive for 360, they just keep on coming

It perhaps starts a little slow but its still enjoyable. I'm loving the dog so far.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

7.5\10

RED53DEVILS said:

lol, what? That a link to another review but you forget the link?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

NNN2004 said:

Dead Space get better score than Fable 2 ? .......... man & some people say its an average game .... still fable scores are great but not what i hoped.

Aggregate scores haven't settled yet, but I'm assuming you mean the gamespot review?

Also, anyone who says Dead Space is an "average" game has a right to their opinion...but in my opinion they are an idiot, lol.

I've heard nothing but praises about the game, though. Who says it's average?

There was a prediction thread about Fable 2 predicted averages. I'd like to ressurect that, just to reinforce what most people thought Fable 2 would score aggregately about a week ago.

I think that it met our reasonably high expectations, but I think a lot of people were hoping that it would surpass our expectations review-wise, like GTAIV. I think it met them, but didn't surpass them, on review scores. I have no doubt that if the game is nearly as good as the first it will surpass my gaming expectations, but we're talking scores here. It looks like the game will settle around the 9/10 marker, and I'd assume that is where it belongs. In a time where that average review score is dissapointing, I'm fairly upset with our "review culture" at this point. I feel it is now clear to me that we place far too much value in that number and not enough in our individual opinions.

I wish we could pick one dude to review all the games. His name should be TheSource, and it would be magnificant.

I also think that we would probably be happier gamers without reviews, lol.

Reviews just don't translate as well to gaming as they do to movies and books. Gaming and fun in general is a far more subjective experience(it being interactive and all) than are movies, books, or music(which are non-interactive, quantifiable, and the same for everyone).

For instance, someone might have an entirely different experience in World of Warcraft, LBP, or Fable 2, than I had. Yet if they listen to a new CD, they will hear the exact same thing I heard.

NO NO, NO NO NO.