By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom praises Sony flexibility, MS “not there yet”

ok then...whats the point of having their own little stores...why not just have a sort by publisher option..
are they paying sony for this? or is sony taking a higher % or something? it doesnt make sense...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

So, basically the title should be "Capcom praises Sony for more PSN exposure. Microsoft wouldn't comply."

I wonder if the online store front is in HOME

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

kowenicki said:

agreed

I dont want dedicated stores.. I want it all in one place from all sources.  This suits the retailer (capcom) more than the consumer.  

If lots follow suit it could become an unholy mess difficult to navigate.

That's a fair point alright Koweniciki I never looked at it that way.

ssj12 said:

Holy mother of God, I hope not!  Unless I'm getting free Capcom themed items, turning on my PS3 walking my avatar around for minutes to find a Capcom store, and buying a game does not seem fun or intuitive.  I'd much rather say "Hey, Commando is for sale at the PS Store!"  Purchase the game, and play it.  The average consumer probably doesn't even know who makes Street Fighter, Ghouls and Ghosts, or Bionic Commando.  They just want to play the game.  We'll  see how it goes.

Around the Network

I don't think Capcom has enough DLC for them to have their own store.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I actually love the idea. One of the sole reasons I use IGN over Gamepsot and other site is i can browse via company to find out what my favorite developers/publishers have that is upcoming. Capcom being one of my most trusted developers does sweeten the deal for me of course.

I would also think that developers might be able to try many more smaller interesting projects that they wouldn't if they had to make it available via disk.

The content will still be in one place, this will just be a dedicated store to Capcom.

ssj12 said:

no, they had a picture of it (or what it will probably look like). http://www.edge-online.com/features/capcoms-psn-storefront