By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Im getting a new graphics card for my HTPC! ~HIS HD 4670~

There we have it, a dual slot PCI-Express card which doesn't require an external power adapter while performing just a little lower than the level of the 9600gt. Its got direct x 10.1 which should make it pretty future proof as all the features in direct x 10.1 carry forward to direct x 11 and it should run pretty well at 1280/720 on my 53" LCD.

Cool huh?

Tease.

Around the Network

yah cool .. but can u answer my question in my thread ?

You can get the HD 4850 from Newegg for $135.00 right now if you want a little extra oomph.

But keep the HD 4670 if you don't have the PSU for the HD 4850.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It's pretty nice, are you going to do any gaming with it?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't have the PSU for a 4850/70 unfortunately, and its not my main PC. Im just getting it for some light gaming, but mainly strategy since I've fallen in love with the big screen for that. Its definately going to be my Starcraft 2 computer anyway.

Its a pretty good decoder too and the my case kinda needs a bit of extra cooling so the dual slot nature of the card should help it a little as well.

Tease.

Around the Network

Yes, seems like a good plan...how much does it cost?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Given those circumstances, that's a great choice.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Go for it. I can't see a better card for your situation.

BenKenobi88 said:
Yes, seems like a good plan...how much does it cost?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161249

Thats pretty much it.

Its $90 U.S though there are cheaper versions to be had on Newegg. *It does have a MIR for you guys bringing the cost down to $80 for both the normal and overclocked versions.*

But unfortunately I live in New Zealand.

So im paying the same price as a 9600 GT *Cheapo Palit version* but unfortunately the 9600gt would require me to get A. More fans, B a bigger PSU and C. Wouldn't offer me the 8 channel HDMI through DVI that the 4670 offers me. So a false saving really.

Edit: It's going to cost me $150 in my own currency.

Tease.

That's a good price though...it's good for most gaming and all you'll ever need for an HTPC.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM