By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 "IGN" review comes out 8 Anti-Meridian Central Standard Time

d21lewis said:
WAS?! Ich konne das nicht verstanden!!

lol... didn´t know you speak german :)

Was konntest du nicht verstehen ???

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
Grahamhsu said:
Yojimbo said:
"The main quest is short, but there are numerous other distractions. If you invest yourself in Fable II, you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion. If not, you can truck through in under 10 hours." What is wrong with RPGs this gen.

Yah what is wrong with WRPGs...10 hours is too long, Fallout, Oblivion, Mass Effect the main quests of those can be done in 4-8 hours... 10 is way too long.

Dont remember how long Fallout was .Oblivion was little too short and Mass Effect was really short, 10h is nothing to brag about.

I also don't agree with 10 hours mainquest being "too long" but I wouldn't necessarily call all of those games "short" either.  Yeah you could breeze through Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout, and apparently Fable too.  I tend to explore and generally enjoy my experience in the game, not sprint from point a to point b.  Ignoring everything else that was put into the game just to claim a shortest possible "completion time" seems to do a disservice IMO. You are also seeming to point out just the WRPG's this gen, a lot of the JRPG's this gen have the long drawn out dialog sequences, incessant grinding and multiple cutscenes that length the game times to those high levels.  The only exception with the JRPG's this gen that I've played would probably be Eternal Sonata with almost max completion of the game ringing in at 30 hours.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

this i might change my mind on this now

a user video review http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oSBju1il5ig

listen to 3:00 - 3:20, im afraid im not getting this now the user makes a good review

roll on fallout

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
this i might change my mind on this now

a user video review http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oSBju1il5ig

listen to 3:00 - 3:20, im afraid im not getting this now the user makes a good review

roll on fallout

Um, who is this guy? lol

Any reviewer that looks negatively on a game that's in his words: "full of queers" has some issues.

Did you even play the first game?  You could marry same sex in that game as well.  For the time it received several endorsements of Gay & Lesbian groups for the inclusion of that feature.

I hope your post is sarcasm because if being turned off by this small inclusion in the game to me would only point to either prejudices on your own part or false anticipation for the game in the first place.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Im picking this is gonna squeze a score between 89-91 on metacritic. Though I hold for 90-91 so Starcraft can add his favourite game to his collection.

Tease.

Around the Network

hmm.. funny that the "overall" rating is higher than every single component (and yea I know, that it's "not an average")

still, I think the game looks awesome and I hope buyers have much fun with this title

Only 10 hours for the main quest and "you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion"

That's a lot less that I thought it would be. Also, when you consider that games rarely take as a long as Reviewers say they do...

Oh well, I'll be grabbing this anyway at some point

Lafiel said:
hmm.. funny that the "overall" rating is higher than every single component (and yea I know, that it's "not an average")

still, I think the game looks awesome and I hope buyers have much fun with this title

I'm kind of surprised they only gave the Graphics an 8/10, especailly since thei comment

"The environments are impressive, and there’s a wide variety of looks for your character. The spells are visually potent."

is quite positive. He mentions problem with the camera, but usually they take away points from the gameplay with Camera issues. (like in Kingdom Hearts)

Stats87 said:
Only 10 hours for the main quest and "you can spend easily spend 30 hours in Albion"

That's a lot less that I thought it would be. Also, when you consider that games rarely take as a long as Reviewers say they do...

Oh well, I'll be grabbing this anyway at some point

That's been known about the game for months.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.