By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA has been making some good games lately

first off there was Battlefield BC back in june, next the sports games Madden, Tiger woods and NHL 09, and now Dead Space is great... gotta give some props to EA for stepping it up

Around the Network

Props.

Yeah EA has done so well this year I think it curbed almost all negative talk of them being a publisher of inferior quality. I do believe the new leader is Ubisoft to many.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Well, their games have been very good, but I say Activision Blizzard is currently reigning at the top, followed by Ubisoft (they've been detereorating though) and finally EA. Spore had loads of untapped potential and for 8 years of development, it just wasn't good enough.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

don't forget burnout paradise either,,,it is a great game

My two most played games right now are WAR and Burnout Paradise. The next game I'm buying: Deadspace.

Crazy.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Hating EA is so 2007.

Hating Actiblizzard is the new black.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Spore was an excellent game IMO, it didn't do everything perfectly, but it's lots of fun anyway.

My favourite developers atm are
Ninty
Capcom
EA

I'm disappointed in Blizzard for Starcraft II, and have never really liked Activision very much. Ubisoft has been crap lately, but I have hopes they will redeem themselves with Red Steel 2

I am very excited about Red Alert 3. Even though I know it isn't anything revolutionary it does have a very twisted sense of humor and it's always cool to control large groups of soviet tanks :)
And it always makes me think what the world would be like now if the Soviet Union had never collapsed.

famousringo said:
Hating EA is so 2007.

It's so funny you said that, by best friend (a WoW player) accuses me of being an Actiblizzard Hater, because I play WAR now.  I respond, "Dude, I can't wait for Star Craft 2, I just hope it's as good as Dawn of War 2."

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
famousringo said:
Hating EA is so 2007.

It's so funny you said that, by best friend (a WoW player) accuses me of being an Actiblizzard Hater, because I play WAR now.  I respond, "Dude, I can't wait for Star Craft 2, I just hope it's as good as Dawn of War 2."

I loved dawn of war 1. I heard the scales of battles will be much smaller in the sequel. If that's the case then it will be very disappointing. I hate micromanaging small amounts of units units in RTS games. If i'm gonna micro manage then I'd rather play an RPG.