By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter - LBP to be SONY's secret weapon, Mirror's Edge to sell 2-3 Million

yushire said:
konnichiwa said:
yushire said:
konnichiwa said:
yushire said:
Jo21 said:
yushire said:
1)I've watched it, its really sad that even with all these realities theyre still biased about HD consoles and not mentioned about the Wii.

@darth----> I've seen the first episode of Bonus Round, it seem even before analysts are still discriminating the Wii, the console selling because of the casuals and grandmas. Even Pachter

maybe because it is, also nintendo core, but they don't like FPS, Gore or anything "hardcore" in their games and of course if any of those genders sales are made by nintendo.

So how do you explain No More heroes even with no advertising sold well that it warrants a sequel or HVS making a new FPS game the Conduit and SEGA publishing a game which is violent Madworld?

1)  They are talking about this holiday season like it or not their are juts not that many HC games releasing the next few months for the Wii.  And are you saying now the Wii sells to a majority of gamers, it is so hard to believe that the majority of the Wii sales are from an casual audience?

No More Heroes sold well?  It solld less than 500k. Would it have sold so much more with advertising?  I am not sure about that aswell.  Nintendo hardcore like FPS games because someone makes a FPS game on the Wii :s? HVS probably only choose the Wii because they know they have a lot of concurrents under the PS3/X360 games.

SURE, whatever... just dont be surprised on the Wii sales during the holiday season and the games that will released next year.

Please stop embarrasing yourself, your comment maks no sense.  I didn't said that the Wii will not sell well this holiday and that the Wii will not have great games next year serious.

Are you serious? And BTW, read my last post even the games are less than 500,000 third parties are profiting on their games.

How many Hoegaarden's did you drink?   And yes I was serious and please read whole the sentence again.

Around the Network
yushire said:
konnichiwa said:
yushire said:

Yeah, considering that Wii dev kits are only low as $1,732, and thats in 2006 less than one tenth of PS3 and Xbox 360 so 3rd parties could pump up more games on the system the problem was 3rd parties even they can make AAA titles without the double digit million price of development still making shovelwares. But developers like grasshopper and Suda51 sets things right and making quality titles and making sequels on their quality titles on the Wii...

@konichiwa----> THATS YOUR ANSWER. Development costs of the Wii is dirt cheap so grasshopper are profiting from NMH.

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/9842/Wii_Dev_Kits_Tens_Times_Cheaper_Than_PS3.html

Did I said that grasshopper is not making a profit?

You didnt say that, but you sure say that the Wii will have few core quality titles next year because core titles didint sold well. It doesnt matter if its only sold 100,000 in its lifetime 3rd parties are profiting from this and they will keep doing this have you even seen the titles published by Marvelous and Namco Bandai and SEGA?

Where did I said that? Please show me.

lightbleeder said:
RolStoppable said:
EA is back from what? Venezuela?

EA The Polkaroo was here... and I missed him again?? DAMN!!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@konichiwa----> You seemed like it is:

"And are you saying now the Wii sells to a majority of gamers, it is so hard to believe that the majority of the Wii sales are from an casual audience?"

So do you mean that most wii owners atleast majority of them are casual gamers? So the Wii isnt for core games?

Anyway I dont want to argue anymore, this is the reason why I dont post much in threads except for Ninty section.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:

"And are you saying now the Wii sells to a majority of gamers, it is so hard to believe that the majority of the Wii sales are from an casual audience?"

1)So do you mean that most wii owners atleast majority of them are casual gamers? 2)So the Wii isnt for core games?

Anyway I dont want to argue anymore, this is the reason why I dont post much in threads except for Ninty section.

1)  Yes.

2) I am sure a core gamers will have fun with the Wii aswell.

Anyway I think you have a problem with the interpretation of my sentences or I with my grammar.

Around the Network

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/9842/Wii_Dev_Kits_Tens_Times_Cheaper_Than_PS3.html

that was the news that made be believe nintendo was going to fight for those worthy third party titles, its my fault for reading it wrong-

it mean we are open to shovelware!, but big companies like square, valve, got the money to pay for the development on the ps3 anyway, they happily pay huge amount of money to make graphical masterpieces with great graphics gameplay and storyline.

Let's wait for LBP sales before making crazy claim

Time to Work !

konnichiwa said:
yushire said:

1)So do you mean that most wii owners atleast majority of them are casual gamers? 2)So the Wii isnt for core games?

1)  Yes.

2) I am sure a core gamers will have fun with the Wii aswell.

Anyway I think you have a problem with the interpretation of my sentences or I with my grammar.

the bolded part is that I misunderstood, like ur saying most that playing the Wii almost all of them are non-gamers

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I don't think that LBP is a secret weapon when everyone knows about it. Mirror's Edge selling 2-3 million? I could see that. PS3 being a console for everyone? Absolutely wrong. I'm not bashing the system but unless people start crapping gold bars it's not for everyone. Then again that Pachter guy knows more than me. It's his job to know this stuff.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Michael Pachter also claimed that Grand Theft Auto 4 was a major threat to the Wii ...